When if at all do you expect our partnerships

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fire away, what do I need to know?

Stick around. You'll learn. The NSFW naked lady thread is pretty much the only place where everyone agrees with each other (until sammyspurs sammyspurs showed up in there with his low low standards)

P.s. I'm something of a GG exile myself. Was more of a lurker with the occasional post. Ended up here a month or so after it opened after GG went down for the umpteenth time during the 3-2 win at the emirates. Never went back.

You've been to GG, you tell me.
I was hoping it was different here..............
My biggest gripe wasn't about the passion of the sport, it was about the administration of the place and the way the participants are treated as junior school children. That and the fact that they protect the biggest wankers from much deserved abuse, and ban people for standing up for themselves in a debate.
Moan over, its a new dawn.........

tbf, the partnership agreements, in my cynical view are a PR exercise to promote Spurs to a wider global audience, the player aspect is a negligible byproduct (which is a shame).

You only have to look at the 'selected partners' to know that Spurs are pushing 'Brand Spurs' globally and this is one way of doing it.

Expect a few nice PR pieces over the summer, when we send out coaches to do stuff with youth teams with our 'club partners' .

Think you may have something there

Feel free. This is an open forum.

Cute. This time, your quoting me prompted an alert.
Sorry, you have me at a disadvantage, I quoted you? - I don't even know you..........unless you have posted under another name elsewhere.

You indicate that something about this thread offends you - without saying what it was, so I was trying to find out.

If its something that has happened in the past on the board, its lost on me. Unless its me thats the issue - which leads me to suspect that I have probably upset you elsewhere.

If thats the case, then I'm happy to move on, if you are

my name is Mick Cooper, and you are posting as Carlito Brigante, I'd say that if anyone sounds like an immigrant, it would be you.
However, as we are all Spurs supporters, does it really matter where we post, or have posted - as long as we all support the same shirt?

I've been at it since 67, so I hope I qualify to post here.

Oh you sound like a barrel of laughs. :avbshit:

Oh you sound like a barrel of laughs. :avbshit:
are you the person on the board that I have to ask permission off?

like the troll under the bridge that eats us little billy goats?

Or the king of the board, that we all have to be funny for? Or do I have to fight with you, to show how tough I am, so we can give each other a big butch manly slap on the back, and then sing Tottenham songs together at the bar?

I wouldn't make too many assumptions about my personality, I'm happy to keep a low profile and find my feet with people I don't know - but I think that once I'm comfortable with the ground I stand on, you will find that I have both a sense of humour and personality in good measure.

I hope so anyway.

We played and won the 'peace cup' in South Korea a few season's back as part of our pre-season. Pre-season tours will start to demonstrate the current thinking of which markets Spurs are perceived to be suited to.

I would suspect that China in particular is a nut Levy would like to crack (not just for the discount on shirt production costs) as it has a massive market potential.

We have in recent seasons started to play pre season games out there so maybe the is an effort to raise our profile in your neck of the woods. I would imagine we will try to do this even more as we aim to get a sponsor for the new stadium, i would think one of the asian firms would be in a good position to bid for the stadium name.

One thing that would help is if we had an asian player, son at Hamburg is a player we are meant to be interested in and i would imagine that would help raise our profile. I believe we are closely followed in Croatia because of the croats we had playing for us.

I do not know if we have any direct links with any clubs in Asia, but i would think that is an area the club are looking to grow into, what with them being football mad and also fairly wealthy.

the sad thing is that the recent pre-season games were mostly held in southern asia(indonesia, thailand, hong kong etc.) and i believe that the next one is scheduled to be at hong kong?
After the 05 peace cup, almost nothing has been going on in northern asia(your typical idea of asia and asians, with china, korea, and japan), which has bigger spenders in the football scene(korean corperations, like samsung, currently sponsering Chelski, has rumours about plans to bid for the new Juventus stadium, or hyundai, which is the main sponser of the Austrailia league, like Barclays for the PL), wealthier people, and northern asia has been producing way more prominent, and proficient players, especially japan and korea.

and having an asian player definitely is the best way to dominate the market. MUTD has the largest fanbase in asia, as they had Ji-sung Park and currently Kagawa to just practically own this big continent. Unsuprisingly, Kagawa's shirt is the 4th best selling in all of the Premiership, and this is evidently all from asian buyers. And as a familiar example, we had Young-pyo lee with us for 3 seasons, and that is when Tottenham were very popular in northern asia, playing for the peace cup(held in korea) and selling a shit load of shirts.
but after he left, naturally, attention from the media and people started to drop, and since then, no sign of THFC has been seen here in northern asia.

we do have a linked club in asia, South China AA of hong kong, that we will be playing this pre season. but except for that, i dont think nothing much is going on between us :(

anyway, asia is definitely a blue chip in the football scene, especially japan and korea, so i really wish i can see some THFC related stuff soon over here :)

shit,now that just got too long

Will do Alexi. *puts away ceremonial burial spade and steps away from the intercunt*
Is there any particular reason for that remark? Or do you have some form of internet tourettes that you can't control? I'm curious, because I don't see that I have said anything to deserve that level of abuse.

Spit it out, you're obviously not shy.

Back
Top Bottom