When if at all do you expect our partnerships

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

chichester

With clubs overseas to start to bear fruit. I know the club and particularly Mabbutt have spent a lot of time and money if South Africa, i was hoping it would mean that we would not have to scramble round europe for a big strong centre forward but could bring one straight in from one of our sister clubs.

Not sure what the point of the partnerships are, raising the profile can not be the only reason surely?

With clubs overseas to start to bear fruit. I know the club and particularly Mabbutt have spent a lot of time and money if South Africa, i was hoping it would mean that we would not have to scramble round europe for a big strong centre forward but could bring one straight in from one of our sister clubs.

Not sure what the point of the partnerships are, raising the profile can not be the only reason surely?
The Mirror are claiming that Real Madrid are proposing Higuain or DiMaria plus cash for Bale - do you include them as a "sister club" due to this touted special relationship?

A swap for Modric, Di Maria and Higuain would be well worth it!

The Mirror are claiming that Real Madrid are proposing Higuain or DiMaria plus cash for Bale - do you include them as a "sister club" due to this touted special relationship?

A swap for Modric, Di Maria and Higuain would be well worth it!

Yeah but sadly they are the big sister:mad: i was rather meaning where could we go and be the bastards and nab a player that will improve us.

PS. nice to see you again mick.

As far as I know - we have first refusal on certain players

This of course means very little if the player himself isn't interested in coming here

Yeah but sadly they are the big sister:mad: i was rather meaning where could we go and be the bastards and nab a player that will improve us.

PS. nice to see you again mick.
South Africa don't seem to have much to offer the football world at the moment, maybe we should be looking at the emerging Arab nations or Japan/Korea?

You too Chich, have you given up on GG as well?

I don't know why we have been scratching around SA for so long. With all due respect, it's western Africa that the real talent emerges from.

If they're just looking to do good work, then good on them. But if they're seriously trying to build a relationship to gain access to footballers I don't see the point. They'd spend their time better actually opening a Spurs acadamy in SA and doing the whole lot themselves imo (something I'm surprised no team has looked to do, actually open and sponser a large Clairefontaine type set-up that educates kids across the board as well as teaching them football).

I don't know why we have been scratching around SA for so long. With all due respect, it's western Africa that the real talent emerges from.

If they're just looking to do good work, then good on them. But if they're seriously trying to build a relationship to gain access to footballers I don't see the point. They'd spend their time better actually opening a Spurs acadamy in SA and doing the whole lot themselves imo (something I'm surprised no team has looked to do, actually open and sponser a large Clairefontaine type set-up that educates kids across the board as well as teaching them football).

Last weekend i went to wakehurst in sussex, mainly to see the bluebells which due to the cold spring are not out yet, but when going round the millenium seed bank i read a very interesting bit of information that horseradish trees can be found in burkina faso and it is there from where they first came.

When eating my roast dinner on sunday i thought to myself about this as i had loadds of horse radish on it as is my want. We really should look to burkina faso they looked very good in the african nations. I think as well as horse radish west africa can be a good place to acquire some new footballing talent.

Oh Christ, not you as well Mick! :bentley:

I gave up a long time ago my friend, the junior school management ethic was doing my head in, and the recent administrative appointments just made the whole place ridiculous. That and the ego maniacs that have to post on every thread with their unwanted opinions on every subject. I guess the internet does that to some people.
Hope you're well, its good to see you on here.

Last weekend i went to wakehurst in sussex, mainly to see the bluebells which due to the cold spring are not out yet, but when going round the millenium seed bank i read a very interesting bit of information that horseradish trees can be found in burkina faso and it is there from where they first came.

When eating my roast dinner on sunday i thought to myself about this as i had loadds of horse radish on it as is my want. We really should look to burkina faso they looked very good in the african nations. I think as well as horse radish west africa can be a good place to acquire some new footballing talent.
Horse radish comes from Burkina Faso?

I know there's a lot of bullshit coming out of South Africa.

First refusal on any homegrown player from Internacional right? I imagine it helped with Sandro.

I would love to know why we have not been able to tie the damio deal up it has run on for 3 transfer windows now.

Did read that we allowed sandro to stay in Brazil when he was recovering from his injury so maybe we are swapping info on medical issues.

Horse radish comes from Burkina Faso?

I know there's a lot of bullshit coming out of South Africa.

Indeed burkina faso is where horse radish trees first originated from, which i find fascnating.

On the subject of players out of African nations, how is Coulibaly doing? Does anyone know if he is progressing or looking to reach his potential, I know a lot of good things were said about him when we took him on.

On the subject of players out of African nations, how is Coulibaly doing? Does anyone know if he is progressing or looking to reach his potential, I know a lot of good things were said about him when we took him on.

Went out on loan to a team in the second division in italy, think he came on a few times towards the end of games, but basically not a lot.

Read an interview with him the other day where he said he wanted to be in and around the first team next season, which sounds a bit fanciful to me. Think he will get a loan out to a lower league club and we can see from there.

Think the is a feeling that coulthrist might be the better youth striker at the club thanks to his exploits in the next gen competition.

tbf, the partnership agreements, in my cynical view are a PR exercise to promote Spurs to a wider global audience, the player aspect is a negligible byproduct (which is a shame).

You only have to look at the 'selected partners' to know that Spurs are pushing 'Brand Spurs' globally and this is one way of doing it.

Expect a few nice PR pieces over the summer, when we send out coaches to do stuff with youth teams with our 'club partners' .

Back
Top Bottom