When are we going home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First game will be played

• August

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • September

Votes: 61 30.0%
  • October

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • November

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • December

Votes: 13 6.4%

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Season 2019-20

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
September.

Think we we will probably play first 3 games away like Liverpool did a year or so back. Then there's the usual international break isn't there?

Surely they wouldn't be selling season tickets if they weren't reasonably confident of completing by September?
Just make sure the pitch is laid, access routes are clear, seats are in place and entrances are up and working. All the rest is window dressing and shouldn't stop a game being played. We need to get back at the earliest opportunity as it will take a little while to settle in.

I don’t get it, the players were tweeting about CL being In the new stadium after we drew with Barca. I just assumed they knew something we didn’t so shouldn’t Watford/chelsea be realistic?

Why is everyone so downbeat about this have we had another set back? Is it the fact that no other test events have been publically scheduled yet?
Speaking for myself I have been pretty convinced we would be stuck at Wembley all season since the announcement after the Fulham game
And the events that have followed have done nothing but convince me further

It's probably just me being a pessimist as always but I can't shake the feeling that there is something wrong we haven't really been told about too much , the issue with the leaking roof for example

We played in a stadium that was being deconstructed as we sat and supported. Don't see why if stadium not fully completed, can't still play there. May mean transferring some season ticket holders temporarily but probably not a major issue.

I think Champions League will be more of a concern than the NFL game, as far as I'm aware you aren't allowed to move them.

So depending on the draw we would have our first game on either 18th/19th September or 2nd/3rd October.

If we aren't ready for those then I guess we could play Champions League at Wembley and still play league games at WHL.

Levy should be desperate to get Champions League at the new Lane as it’ll be a major selling point for naming rights.

What’s that rule meant to address, paddy?

I am not sure but is seems harsh. And I think a lot of football administrators would be sympathic to tottenham case if the build overruns

I think the idea is that, Say, Chelsea can't play at the Nuremburg stadium without selling it out 15 times a year and then rent Wembley when the proper clubs come visit

Makes sense when you think of it that way, but you could also achieve the same thing by asking clubs to declare which time periods they will be playing at particular stadiums for before the fixture list comes out. That would prevent clubs from choosing a stadium to fit the opposition. But yeah, as ArmadilloSackRace ArmadilloSackRace says, it could give a bit of an uneven playing field. But that would just be from the luck of the draw of the fixture list, and there are plenty of other ways you can be lucky/unlucky with the fixture list.

Probably two addresses. :troll:
giphy.gif

That's just quotes from the Daily Mail .... Spurs already have an agreement with Wembley for the whole of the 2018/9 season, under the agreement Spurs could play a maximum 35 games, as this is a fall-back position the fixture dates were to be agreed as needed, this arrangement was also approved by the local council ....

Daily Fail just going for click-bate headlines .... until the ground receives safety certificates, and holds test events, the club cannot provide any more definitive fixture information ... made that mistake once already no way they will do it again ... the Daily Fail can speculate all it wants, they are clueless ....

Back
Top Bottom