What would constitute a positive season next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, the demand for a trophy is on no matter what the circumstances. Even in our most desperate mid-table or lower years, I still wanted a trophy.

The main thing I want from the players and staff next season is total commitment to win every single match. Whatever happens next season, I want us to end it feeling like we gave our all.

I want next season to completely blow this season away. I want Conte, Paratici and Perisic to be nothing but weird memories I can't be bothered to think about because we're completely smashing it!

:tobyarm:
I just looked up my post from April in this thread. Still holds up to what I feel now although I have eased up a bit on Perisic.

These are the things I want from the 23/24 season:

1) attacking football
2) top 6 finish
3) last 8 or better in the domestic cups

A trophy is the ultimate goal but there are a lot of ifs and maybes with cups and our last 4 trophies have all coincided with poor league form. We can hope for a trophy but it can't be an ironclad, non-negotiable requirement so I've gone for last 8 as a minimum benchmark for competitiveness.

Surely with no European football we can all in to try and win a cup. Han ra are you have t beat city somewhere along the way and we are good at that so a cup should be a priority.

Surely with no European football we can all in to try and win a cup. Han ra are you have t beat city somewhere along the way and we are good at that so a cup should be a priority.
I think a cup is out of your control due to draw but agree, we should make it a priority. No rotation, no shit outcast squad players like Sanchez stumbling in to the side. F Off

I think for this season (and this season alone) I’m happy to say success to me is just feeling like we’re moving in the right direction, and on the pathway to building something.

Even if that means we come 8th, I think the quality of performances and the way we’re trying to play football will give us an indication of progression as much as league position.

Attacking attractive football, signs of progress and hopefully a ticket to Europe will be enough for me.

And, yes, a feeling that I want to see the next game.

Winning one of the domestic cups. Anything else would be disappointing. Qualifying for CL has been done so many times and we will not win it and it is just money. Glory on the pitch and only getting a trophy to shut everyone up would be positive.

Can't see that happening at the rate we're going. The target from Leeds wants to go to Monaco and the two really good ones we're after seem to be further away by the day. At this point I'd settle for one.
Not Surprised considering, how long it's taking to make a decision and bring one in.
Players won't wait around forever, just because we want the price to drop.

Genuinely don't know what to expect from Ange or what our squad will eventually look like come Sep (nor some of the teams around us for that matter).......

Jazzier football and back into Europe would be nice though.

.......Oh; and to give the goon scum a brutal revenge battering for last season.

Back
Top Bottom