West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointing not to win, especially having dominated the ball so much, but then again we played against 12 men for a lot of that game, the ref was a homer if ever there was one, so so poor. Shocking concession of a goal, nothing worse than conceding from set pieces and we really need to figure out how to protect our keeper sooner rather than later, all teams are targeting him now. A lot of silly set pieces conceded as well, putting oursleves under unnecessary pressure.
Think Ange has been so good for the club this year, but his one defining fault may be his subs, so often they are baffling and more often than not seem to kill our momentum, happened again tonight.
Oh well, 2 pts dropped more than one gained, we will have to beat Forest at the weekend to kick on again, as a few difficult fixtures are on the horizon.

You did. I just said Madders was good tonight. If we had forwards that would run in behind he’d find them. They all want to come to the ball and it makes no sense when they are all very quick. In the first half we had so much of the ball 30/40 yards from our own goal with space in behind their back 4. Not once did our front 3 try spin in behind to stretch the game. They all come to the ball and congest the game and they smother the game leaving less room for error for midfield players. . They are not technically good enough to come to the ball. Their attributes are pace so they should use it and guys like madders,bentancur and Porro will pick this passes.
If todays performance was ‘good’ our standards have fallen off a cliff

Madders in the beginning of the season was ‘good’

His performance today was average

If todays performance was ‘good’ our standards have fallen off a cliff

Madders in the beginning of the season was ‘good’

His performance today was average
He was brilliant at the start of the season. I’m not saying he’s been great lately but he was our most likely along with bentancur to create something tonight and when they went off I felt the game was only going to end in a draw.

The comical nature of cat-kicker's goal has to be a wake-up call on this zonal marking pish.

Don't know enough about Mille's coaching but the set piece setup is heart-in-mouth stuff every time. Defenders running away from obvious goal threats and Vic boxed in to try and flap it away. Should have kept Gianni.

He was brilliant at the start of the season. I’m not saying he’s been great lately but he was our most likely along with bentancur to create something tonight and when they went off I felt the game was only going to end in a draw.
Fair enough but if he's going to keep playing like he has over the last 2 months (in general), he needs a kick up the ass because he's been bang average by any PL standard. Nowhere near good enough to be a starter every week for a top 4 side.

Watch him without the ball.

Don't get me wrong, after the WC I was convinced he was the player we needed but I read that Ajax fans were infuriated that they lost games because he goes missing without the ball and can't concentrate and once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Really? He seemed to be doing serious donkey work on the wing for Spam tonight to me? Put in a real shift?
Moyes doesn’t even play him in the kind of free number 10 role which would exonerate him from work, he plays him on the wing where he can’t hide.

I was in the lower tier. Got absolutely soaked and still could hardly see the pitch.

They should be docked points for offering such a shocking experience for paying fans.
The worst match day experience in the world.
It's beyond a shambles.
I was on the lower tier for the first half.
Decided to move to the upper tier as I couldn't see anything.

Made me walk around the entire stadium in the pissing rain just to get to our gate.
Fucking shit ground for watching football, but they're set piece FC so it's not really football there anyway! Probably won't bother going there again. One and done for me.

Sold their soul for that shithole was a great way to put it!

About time we start getting really good starting 11 rather than the not bad/decent type signings we mostly go for. A statement signing even if they cost 100m wouldn’t be going too far. Especially with how much our owners rip off the fans including the aged.
For example if we keep Werner on as a squad player then that’s fine. But if we sign players like him to be one of our main starters then we can’t expect more than scraping a CL place.
We don’t have many crap players, but too many ‘not bad’ types. I guess that is the market we are mostly in for with these owners sadly.
Exactly this. Too many ‘not quite’ good enough or who we hope might come good/have potential. Werner particularly for me tonight is a shining (or not so)example of this. He show’s quality, can beat a man, gets in good positions and then when a decent cross comes in at the far post, he’s not expecting it at all. Could’ve had at least another two goals tonight with proper quality in his position.

From the current team I view Vicario, Porro, Udogie, VDV, Romero and Son as all indisputably good enough players to start for title-winners. There are others who could be and debatably are, but that 'spine' I think should be pretty much accepted as good enough.

Defensively (apart from depth) I think we're set. The summer needs to be about adding killer quality going forward.
I'm really not sure Porro is in that bracket.

They don’t ’raise their game against us’. They don’t have to. We’re just not that good.

We are what we are. Until we have a front three / four that carve teams apart, things aren’t going to change.

We have good spells. We can play well for periods but there’s zero control.

And Ange keeps saying ‘it’s who we are’ and I have no idea what he means. Because we’re not ‘brave’ in the final third or in our general build up play. It’s budget Pep stuff - possession for possession’s sake.
Absolutely fuggin spot on analysis. Take a boo son

A few points from the game:
1. We didn't learn from the last game against West Ham
2. I don't think Bentancur continually gives the ball away in his own third under Conte
3. All you need to do to beat us is work hard, do the basics right, and press in our own third
4. West Ham had the clearer opportunities
5. Refs aren't giving clear fouls against us and neither is VAR, e.g. Maddison on the edge of their box
6. Even though Werner and Johnson linked to score, I feel we do better shape wise with Richarlison and Kulu starting
7. West Ham fans are idiots for wanting their most successful manager out

Last edited:
If I'm not a big fan of a player I won't routinely cite him as being a difference maker........

He may blossom into a cracking player; but for now he's what you over and over call a bumbler.

No, he's more than a bumbler. He's the best vector for getting the ball in the box in the PL.

View: https://x.com/_JKDS_/status/1770182187045859441?s=20

As I keep saying, I get why clubs playing against deep blocks would find a use for a player like Doku.

That club and coach also ID'd Grealish.

And maybe in 24 months they'll realise there's a 21yo kid who's better than Doku?

Think About It GIF by Identity

No, he's more than a bumbler. He's the best vector for getting the ball in the box in the PL.

View: https://x.com/_JKDS_/status/1770182187045859441?s=20

As I keep saying, I get why clubs playing against deep blocks would find a use for a player like Doku.

He bumbles his way in the box. What happens after that is invariably quite shit. Getting the ball in to dangerous areas only to not assist or score isn’t that useful.

Of course, he’s only 21 so that side could come. But he’s essentially good at one thing and one thing only.

Back
Top Bottom