West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They looked unstoppable at the beginning of last season as well. I’m not suggesting the same thing will happen again, but we are the best equipped team to chase them down and they know it. Beat them twice and there’s your 5 and a half points back. They haven’t beaten us for 2 seasons. Why should that notion be considered absurd?

I don't think its absurd but they're banging 5 and 6 goals in at a time. and they,ve only conceded 4 goals. They are a way better team than last season. Then lets not forget we have not demonstrated a winning mentality like teams like City and Man Utd have in the past. If it comes down to a close battle I don't think we have what it takes mentally to go toe to toe. We've never shown that. Then of course they got the depth all we gotta do is lose Kane, Eriksen or both and its over. Its a very long shot IMO

I don't think its absurd but they're banging 5 and 6 goals in at a time. and they,ve only conceded 4 goals. They are a way better team than last season. Then lets not forget we have not demonstrated a winning mentality like teams like City and Man Utd have in the past. If it comes down to a close battle I don't think we have what it takes mentally to go toe to toe. We've never shown that. Then of course they got the depth all we gotta do is lose Kane, Eriksen or both and its over. Its a very long shot IMO

So what would you do? Give up? I don’t really understand your point.

No. I just think its foolish to think the league cup is beneath us and pin our hopes on other competitions. We've not won a trophy for years and that was the league cup.
No one is saying it’s beneath us. Who has said that? Only that some of us aren’t too bothered about being knocked out. You say it’s impossible to beat Man City, but they’re still in it, we would have to have played them at some stage. I hope City and Utd get to the final and blow each other out. Guardiola is already moaning about fixture congestion - and there’s a reason. He would prefer not to play the games that the LC demands.

This competition needs to be retired, Carabao have taken it new levels of cringeworthy-ness. The draw today was a total farce:

Enjoying the brilliant farce that has been the Carabao Cup drawing process | JOE.co.uk

It's an embarrassment to be associated with it and I want us out as early as possible next year.

To be honest I doubt it'll exist next year in it's current form.
This sponsor was a last gasp and it's been an absolute disgrace.

Only folk that seem to give a fuck are a few Man U fans on here.

To be honest I doubt it'll exist next year in it's current form.
This sponsor was a last gasp and it's been an absolute disgrace.

Only folk that seem to give a fuck are a few Man U fans on here.

It’s just the usual suspects moaning after a defeat. You used to get credit for winning a trophy, but nobody has taken this utter embarrassment of a competition seriously for a long time. Nobody gave us any credit in 2008, why does it matter so much now?

No. I just think its foolish to think the league cup is beneath us and pin our hopes on other competitions. We've not won a trophy for years and that was the league cup.

Should we fuck the premier league and CL off then and play our strongest side in the league cup? Talking nonsense. Can you elaborate as to what your actual point is if you don't mind?

Should we fuck the premier league and CL off then and play our strongest side in the league cup? Talking nonsense. Can you elaborate as to what your actual point is if you don't mind?

I thought my point was pretty clear. Other people seem to be able to understand it!

Odd how other people understood it then

Explain your point in response to my original post then? Rather than hiding behind other people.

Should we sack the premier league and CL off to win the league cup by playing our full strength team in the league cup?

Simple.

Explain your point in response to my original post then? Rather than hiding behind other people.

Should we sack the premier league and CL off to win the league cup by playing our full strength team in the league cup?

Simple.

There are multiple posts with it on already. If you can't get it from them I can't help you.

There are multiple posts with it on already. If you can't get it from them I can't help you.

Most of the multiple posts have been double posted by your self fucking Bill Gates JR. You've proven you haven't even got a point to argue so just fuck off. Fitting username you Krispy Kreme cunt.

Most of the multiple posts have been double posted by your self fucking Bill Gates JR. You've proven you haven't even got a point to argue so just fuck off. Fitting username you Krispy Kreme cunt.

Again. I must have a point if others understood it. I would suggest that you are the problem here

Back
Top Bottom