West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve always backed the squad, bar Eriksen and Dele, and even Dele I blamed largely on Poch

On the flip side, anyone still wish Poch was here for today’s game?
I know you back the squad. Too much it seems is what worries people. I don't like to use the phrase because it aounds like you ar3 fucking up all the time but I must say onward and upward. Our recent situation has given the phrase a new level of meaning for me.

Thank you Poch. Hello Jose lol.

Regardless how shite we think West Ham are we have went away from home over the past 10 months and played equally shite teams and got nothing.....We also know this is their cup final and it was always going to be a slog, yet for 70mins it was far from a slog, it was almost beautiful....only expected we ran out a little rusty in the final 20mins the job got done...

He’s only in the job a few days and the players look happy again, they have a bounce about them, sure there is much work still to do....but it will get done!!

First 60 mins I thought it was our best performance for a long time. Devastating on the counter, everyone concentrating, playing lovely football. Then donkey Antonio started getting into it and we had no answer to their toe punts up to him. Lots of work to be done at the back, but we’ve got the right manager to do it

overall a good start

The last 20 minutes was shite defending surely? I’m sorry that you’re offended by my opinion on a discussion board
Now that's a reasonable comment, go back and check out your first one then probably best delete it .... we defended better for 70 minutes than we have done for 6 months ... but as you say last twenty the midfield were replaced and we couldn't keep the ball anymore, and yes we got sloppy ... but overall defensively it was a massive improvement, certainly not "shite"

Now that's a reasonable comment, go back and check out your first one then probably best delete it .... we defended better for 70 minutes than we have done for 6 months ... but as you say last twenty the midfield were replaced and we couldn't keep the ball anymore, and yes we got sloppy ... but overall defensively it was a massive improvement, certainly not "shite"
I’d actually already deleted it, but yeah I agree

Pretty obvious was we lack without him though.

Onslaught after onslaught from the opposition as they waltz through the middle as we had no DM.
Dier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No DM*
FYP

*maybe, considering it gives a false sense of security. Would you like a safety net that more than likely won't work or have that knowledge ahead of time?

I’ve always backed the squad, bar Eriksen and Dele, and even Dele I blamed largely on Poch

On the flip side, anyone still wish Poch was here for today’s game?
Yep me.

It makes no difference what I wish for anyway Jose is our manager now.

Pretty obvious was we lack without him though.

Onslaught after onslaught from the opposition as they waltz through the middle as we had no DM.
Dier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No DM

The trouble is sammy, Dier disappears when the heat is on, he shrinks backwards into Toby’s shorts, dragging the whole game backwards 30 yards with him and inviting pressure. Which ended up fucking us up the arse, which is what it always did.

We found some new levels of shithousery to get us over the line!
Not taking the shortest routes off the pitch, slow goal kicks, clutching ankles on the floor - the Mourinho era has started for sure.

Fantastic win. Lots of positives. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Football is back in my life.

Not taking anything away from our performance, but dear lord their goalkeeper Roberto was total shit.

A couple of those goals could have been far more likely saves with even just an average keeper. I'm not going to say that he was a major contributor to our win, but let's just be thankful he was on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom