West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take the away point for sure. Cheeky finish by Dele. Too bad Spurs weren't more clinical in that first half but credit to Ben Foster. Man of the match by a good distance. Son seems like a must start for me. Puzzling decision by Poch. Bring on LC!

He has done quite a lot of travelling and had a lot match time over the last week.....

Unfortunately going by previous results against them it was going to be tight! If you had been offered 1-1 before the game a think majority would have been accepting it! Only 8 games in still unbeaten with injuries so not all bad.

I'm beginning to hate WBA as much as anybody. Pulls is a Neanderthal in football tactics. Their team is full of thugs especially Yacob and McClean. I have never been a fan of Ben Foster either. All that time wasting and he did from minute 1 is despicable.

We have to win the next league match now. Arse holes are looking pretty good right now moving up to 2nd and us dropping to 3rd. And Citeh is going to be Citeh.

We have to win the next league match now. Arse holes are looking pretty good right now moving up to 2nd and us dropping to 3rd. And Citeh is going to be Citeh.

Boro + Sunderland next two league games for them too. You'd expect maximum points.

Then it's the NLD!

Sign that player Chadli, he can finish.

I wanted us to go top just to see how we deal with it. Theres a lot of footy still to play and we will be up there.

At least we showed some balls today and pulled it back and almost nicked it. They wasted time (slowed the pace) from KO, they were dirty bastards and they were more defensive than Donald Trump has been, this week. Foster was superb today and kept them in it. Lets look forward to Tues and get our CL moving on.

What's most annoying about today's 1-1, is that we knew West Brom would do this... they did it last season... and will probably try it again next season...

Last season's games clearly haven't taught us anything... and if they have, then we haven't yet developed the ability to do anything about it...

Today's game should've been about flushing Pulis's head down the toilet and screaming; "TAKE THIS 5-0 BATTERING YOU NEGATIVE BORING FOOTBALL MURDERING CUNT!"

...not accepting our fate, and (yet) another 1-1 anti-football draw THAT COULD PROVE COSTLY COME MAY!
(WHY AM I SHOUTING???)
58008049.jpg

We have to start bettering some results from last season, to even stand a chance of challenging again...
which reminds me... how the holy Mother of FUCK did Leicester win the league last season?
Was everyone else 'in on it' except us??

if the only way you can beat WBA is through sheer luck or by being extremely clinical then they would be a lot higher up the table.
Not necessarily. The downside of them being hard to beat because they park the bus, is that they themselves have trouble scoring and thus do not win much either. They draw too many games, they are currently the team with the most draws (4), and a draw still means losing out on two points obviously, which explains their position in the table.

WEST BROM 1 TOTTENHAM 1
Possession
West Brom 29%
Tottenham 71%
Shots
West Brom 8
Tottenham 20
Shots on Target
West Brom 4
Tottenham 8
Corners
Wet Brom 5
Tottenham 8
Fouls
West Brom 14
Tottenham 10

Stats mean shit all... I fucking hate stats... 'cos stats tell you we won the game...
yet the two numbers at the top (1 and 1) tell you we're EXACTLY THE SAME QUALITY AND LEVEL AS WEST BROM... which we're not... we're better... the stats tell you so... but the result doesn't.
At least WBA won the fouls count... they must be so pleased and proud of themselves!

West Brom are to us what Stoke were to ArseAnal a few years back... I kinda know how they feel!

I share the anxiety whenever I look at the table and see Woolwich making ground - but as others have pointed out it really is far too early to read too much into it.

It was only their last match that Woolwich had to squeak a last minute goal (that was simultaneously a handball and offside). I'm more confident about being able to beat Swansea at home than West Brom away - so although they overtook us, it's not the whole story.

I share the anxiety whenever I look at the table and see Woolwich making ground - but as others have pointed out it really is far too early to read too much into it.

It was only their last match that Woolwich had to squeak a last minute goal (that was simultaneously a handball and offside). I'm more confident about being able to beat Swansea at home than West Brom away - so although they overtook us, it's not the whole story.

You've undermined your whole argument there... the fact they can still win games like that (after all these years) tells you that they have long since sold their soul to the devil... and will continue to spunk results like that...
even today, Swansea scored twice away from home... against 10 men... that alone would normally gain a 2-2... nut not for those cunts...

I look forward with glee to the game that we win with a spunky handball offside winning goal that is allowed to stand... but I'll be putting the bunting on ice for another 25 years... 'cos it simply doesn't happen to us!

(I assume I'll be proved wrong by virtue of the Internet within seconds of posting this!)

You've undermined your whole argument there... the fact they can still win games like that (after all these years) tells you that they have long since sold their soul to the devil... and will continue to spunk results like that...
even today, Swansea scored twice away from home... against 10 men... that alone would normally gain a 2-2... nut not for those cunts...

I look forward with glee to the game that we win with a spunky handball offside winning goal that is allowed to stand... but I'll be putting the bunting on ice for another 25 years... 'cos it simply doesn't happen to us!

(I assume I'll be proved wrong by virtue of the Internet within seconds of posting this!)
Not really - I'd say that them only just managing to get that goal against Burnley while we had just beaten Man City 2-0 is somewhat indicative of our performances.

I do appreciate that their continued jamminess is particularly grating when you get to the end of the season and suddenly one or two points make a significant difference.

Basically - once we've played 19 games then we'll really know where things stand and what this Spurs team might actually be able to achieve this year. We only climbed into the top 4 at that point last year, but after that never dipped back out of it.

Let's look at this differently...

How many of you would have taken 4 points from the city and wba games if offered? I fucking would have!
Dawwwww... first rational 'can't argue with that' post-match post!

Albeit the other way around, then yes, a draw against Cit and a win today would've been peachy...
but seeing as we'd just beaten City... y'know... some of us got greedy!

Back
Top Bottom