Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There were quite a few folks who travelled up with beer, drank it on the approach and went around the use of the pubs, the Novotel on the Way in looked packed and I heard someone saying they had to wait 15-20 minutes for a drink. The bars inside the stadium looked pretty good on serving quickly but, yeah it's not the same as a pub is it?

Did anyone use the fanzone? Was it any good?
What's the fan zone?

Does anyone know if you can get in on neighbouring gates? Took about 20 minutes to get in to the G entrance and was there about 45 minutes before kick off and it seemed that the gates either side were not so heavy on the queues.
My block is closest to one of the Club Wembley side entrances yet my season ticket required me to use the front entrance and walk round.

Drums through the PA was fucking embarrassing. Think it got realized by the powers that be at half time. Word from the THST is that it's already been killed off. Good. Felt like I was at Rainforest Cafe.

Drums through the PA was fucking embarrassing. Think it got realized by the powers that be at half time. Word from the THST is that it's already been killed off. Good. Felt like I was at Rainforest Cafe.

Blokes around me were Tweeting them early in the first half to pack in in! Horrific

Anybody have a problem with getting in with new card. I was a bit pissed that mine did not work and I had to go to ticket office. They offered no reason and could not help sort it other than issue me with a paper ticket.

This is being shipped in for Burnley anyway

41-biggest-drum.jpg

No, we can sell the whole ground for every game if we wish. There were empty seats vs the Renties because the OB would not let Spurs sell them on general sale due to the high risk nature of the match.

Nice to meet you & Scott THFC Scott THFC yesterday. Hopefully the journey home wasn't too bad. I got in at 8pm which is pretty good for me!
Ah fair enough, I misunderstood - some reason I thought we were only allowed to sell 70k. Anyway, good turnout nonetheless.

Likewise, always good to put a face to a name! :) Got back just after 9 - I'm hoping Sunday 4pm games are few and far between because I'm Donald ducked this morning.

Reluctantly, after yesterday, got to agree with NN.
Right now, offer me 4th place and wake up next June and I'd take it.
But hey, life's for living, perhaps we'll beat the dippers or gooners 6-0 at Wembley and that'd be worth the whole year alone...

Unfortunately this season is make or break in many respects. We don't win anything there are going to be a few players looking elsewhere next year. Don't think fourth will cut it

Flags, drums through the PA, half & half scarves, a tourist day out.......the sooner this season is over the better.
Lol! I had somehow edited that out of my memory (alcohol had been taken). I saw them on sale but I didn't see anybody wearing one. We should start a campaign to kill that drum though.

Does anyone know if you can get in on neighbouring gates? Took about 20 minutes to get in to the G entrance and was there about 45 minutes before kick off and it seemed that the gates either side were not so heavy on the queues.

We queued at G, but text my mates who were a bit later and they just walked in at F no problems.

I asked one of the stewards if we could use a neighbouring gate as some of our group have different entrances. He said that the membership card won't be accepted at any other gate around the ground and some partitions had been put in the concourse inside. It was to stop people walking round and standing in blocks they shouldn't be in apparently. I didn't walk that far but it looked like there was a partition a few blocks down but I thought it looked open...
I think they're talking bollocks, I didn't go in through my "correct" gate and it worked fine.

Perhaps there are certain areas, I mean you probably have to go into the right tier and can't go into the away section but it seemed to be pretty much open the rest of the way around the lower tier. Your entrance letter I see more as the "recommended" entrance as it'll be the closest to your block.

Definitely worth a try if there's a short queue (mine was no queue at all at 3.15pm when I went in), if it rejects you just walk away nothing lost!

There were quite a few folks who travelled up with beer, drank it on the approach and went around the use of the pubs, the Novotel on the Way in looked packed and I heard someone saying they had to wait 15-20 minutes for a drink. The bars inside the stadium looked pretty good on serving quickly but, yeah it's not the same as a pub is it?

Did anyone use the fanzone? Was it any good?

Flags, drums through the PA, half & half scarves, a tourist day out.......the sooner this season is over the better.
See above! You forgot the Fanzone... there was a Fanzone...?
FFS... it's gone full blown Summer Football Tournament!

I genuinely think (and maybe it's worth writing to the club about) that the way the fans have been 'spread out' based on ticket prices is killing the atmosphere.
I alluded to it in the OMT I think, but here's my idea;
THOSE WHO WANT TO SING, STAND, SUPPORT FOR 90 MINUTES should buy tickets in pre-designated blocks (however many those may be)
...and of course, those who want to SIT, WAVE FLAGS, WEAR HALF-AND-HALF SCARVES, TAKE SELFIES and have a grand day out to brag about on FaceTwat/Instacunt later, can do so...that's fine. But they should also only be able to buy in pre-designated blocks (preferably as high up as possible, so as to achieve the best 360' panorama... and also to get the obligatory 'you with the ground behind you' shot!)
...and the crucial detail is this; NO ONE WHO WANTS TO SING, should be allowed to buy in the 'Tourist blocks' (why would they want to be?)
...and ANYONE who wants to take selfies, wear H&H scarves, etc. should be banned from the singing section, unless they are prepared to sing themselves hoarse for 90 minutes, and not look on like some offended, confused Alien who took a wrong turn at Uranus and ended up on Planet Earth!
Deal? deal!

...but seeing as Burnley & Swansea have already gone on sale, maybe it's something to think about from October onwards... but our season could well depend on it!
I'm deadly serious. (see use of BOLD, CAPITALS and ITALICS TO PROVE MY POINT!)

Unfortunately this season is make or break in many respects. We don't win anything there are going to be a few players looking elsewhere next year. Don't think fourth will cut it
Yep, may well be.
But a) I think moving into NWHL will motivate them to stay as long as we're in CL and b) I think the mancs have 1 & 2 stitched up, so there's four teams going for 2 places.

Back
Top Bottom