We Need To Talk About The Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
Listen, you dipshit egomaniacs.

Cut it out!

Who the actual fuck do you think you are??

It's not your job to sanitise football, the club, or or the fanbase.

Especially over a nothing chant (because it might hurt poor entitled lollerpoos fee fees)

Get the fuck off.

Anyone on that idiot board in this forum, get in here and fucking explain yourselves with this bullshit.

Bringing unwarranted negativity to the club.

And giving this to those shithouses to hang over us.

Fucking cunts.

How dare you!

You PR seppuku this club on the alter of LIVERPOOL.

LIVERPOOL!!!

I am absolutely fucking livid!!!

Honestly. Death can’t come soon enough for me. This planet has gone mad. Mickey taking is a part of the culture I grew up with, as a healthy part of normal life. At school we ripped into each other from all angles, but nobody took offence. It kept us grounded, together, and gave us a degree of resilience.

The UK today is pathetic.

There are plenty of weirdos agreeing with them in the comments.

The total gentrification and sanitisation of football is almost complete.

This amusing thing on their timeline is a tweet only a few posts lower down asking people if they want to help with efforts to improve the atmosphere. You genuinely couldn't make this stuff up.

Genuinely pathetic. What a total embarrassment to the club.

Self-appointed hallway monitors. I wonder if they’ve made themselves little badges to wear when they go to watch the football?

I bet they’re the types of people who pull their trousers down to their ankles when standing at urinals.

Honestly. Death can’t come soon enough for me. This planet has gone mad. Mickey taking is a part of the culture I grew up with, as a healthy part of normal life. At school we ripped into each other from all angles, but nobody took offence. It kept us grounded, together, and gave us a degree of resilience.

The UK today is pathetic.
Me and my mates very rarely say anything nice to each other, in fact I honestly can’t remember any instances

We absolutely destroy each other over everything and anything, but we all know we love each other and would help each other out with anything at a moments notice

It’s part of being British, taking the piss out of people

The dippers must have heard that chant a thousand times, there is no way they take offence to it

It’s silly match day banter, as if these people are on the dole when it costs about 50/60 quid for the cheapest tickets nowadays anyway

If this lot have their way football will eventually end up like the year my kids primary school had a non-competitive sports day so everyone was a winner.

What a load of bollocks that was.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Let’s analyse “Come On You Spurs…”

1. Aggressive to say the least. And a bit noisy. Noise can make people feel uneasy.
2. Impolite. How about, “please try your best but don’t get too stressed and watch out for your mental health”.
3. “Spurs” harps back to the days of fighting cockerels which was a disgusting abuse of animal welfare. Also, many young people today identify as part chicken.
4. “Come” sounds like cum - open to misinterpretation, don’t you know that kids are present, you sick, rude outdated legacy fan?!

How about replacing with:

Win or lose,
We love the white and blues,
And all the other players and teams,
Which is lovely inclusive news!

Catchy?

:mourweird:

Martin Cloake of THST claimed it was lies and photoshop (Kat's tweet) then when she came out and apologised for it he applauded her class and courage 😂

Agreed. It's amazing how much these comments from the Trust have triggered people.

I don't think I agree with the sentiment of the trust statement, but I don't outright disagree either. The conversation is interesting, and ultimately, as always, people will decide for themselves what they feel is acceptable/funny.

I think the chant is tedious and a throwback to the past, but don't care all that much if others still find it funny enough to chant.

I do really find it funny how many blood vessels have burst over the mere suggestion that they should consider not singing it in the future. Nothing better to get angry about?

Can you provide a list of things that people are allowed to get angry about and those that are off-limits. I wouldn't want to inadvertently trigger someone. Cheers.

We've consistently ignored calls to stop singing the Y-word chants, what makes the "supporters trust" think they have enough power or influence to stop fans singing the most mildly offence songs towards Liverpool fans. Laughable really

In 10 years time you won’t even be able to cheer for one team, as that will clearly be a display of very conscious bias, including geographical discrimination. Each match will be preceded by a compulsory 20 minute video on inclusion, followed by the teams shaking hands as a sign of apologising for many forms of prejudice and privilege. Meanwhile, China, Saudis, Russia will be taking over the world giving just about as many fucks as they do today.

Western liberal democracy finally destroyed by supposedly democratic, liberal westerners. You couldn’t make it up.

Xi-Dada.gif

What they've said is that they think Spurs fans are above those particular chants, and that they think we should move on from them. They can't tell you to do anything as they have no power, and people in poverty aren't covered under the equality act.

It's a suggestion/opinion from a fan led group, that is it. You disagree? Feel free to continue and say they're just being sensitive.

That's what they said years ago in the Y-word discussion.

Suddenly, people were getting nicked by the police.

I'll say this though: They don't represent me and by the looks of it most other Spurs supporters, so perhaps they should be the ones to STFU about what "we" are and what "we" mayhaps "should be above".

Back
Top Bottom