We Need To Talk About The Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What they've said is that they think Spurs fans are above those particular chants, and that they think we should move on from them. They can't tell you to do anything as they have no power, and people in poverty aren't covered under the equality act.

It's a suggestion/opinion from a fan led group, that is it. You disagree? Feel free to continue and say they're just being sensitive.

That's what they said years ago in the Y-word discussion.

Suddenly, people were getting nicked by the police.

I'll say this though: They don't represent me and by the looks of it most other Spurs supporters, so perhaps they should be the ones to STFU about what "we" are and what "we" mayhaps "should be above".

That's what they said years ago in the Y-word discussion.

Suddenly, people were getting nicked by the police.

I'll say this though: They don't represent me and by the looks of it most other Spurs supporters, so perhaps they should be the ones to STFU about what "we" are and what "we" mayhaps "should be above".

I don't agree with how that situation was treated, but the Y-word would've been covered under the racial equality act .. so actually enforceable.

And no fan led group will represent everyone, seems most of this board disagrees with them but reddit/twitter are more favourable .. different platforms will reflect different viewpoints. They have their perception of what Spurs fans are like and you have yours.

Let’s analyse “Come On You Spurs…”

1. Aggressive to say the least. And a bit noisy. Noise can make people feel uneasy.
2. Impolite. How about, “please try your best but don’t get too stressed and watch out for your mental health”.
3. “Spurs” harps back to the days of fighting cockerels which was a disgusting abuse of animal welfare. Also, many young people today identify as part chicken.
4. “Come” sounds like cum - open to misinterpretation, don’t you know that kids are present, you sick, rude outdated legacy fan?!

How about replacing with:

Win or lose,
We love the white and blues,
And all the other players and teams,
Which is lovely inclusive news!

Catchy?

:mourweird:

I don't agree with how that situation was treated, but the Y-word would've been covered under the racial equality act .. so actually enforceable.

And no fan led group will represent everyone, seems most of this board disagrees with them but reddit/twitter are more favourable .. different platforms will reflect different viewpoints. They have their perception of what Spurs fans are like and you have yours.
I've yet really to see anyone on Twitter, who wasn't already a sycophant, praise them.

Martin Cloake of THST claimed it was lies and photoshop (Kat's tweet) then when she came out and apologised for it he applauded her class and courage 😂

People who respond with playground insults to what the trust have said, or respond with bottom of the bin dreadful takes like 'the western world is going to fall because of wokeism!' are triggered, not everyone who responds to the thread. But you knew that, right?

I don't think they got it right on this one, but they're entitled to say they find the chant distasteful, and many fans will share that opinion.

And many more fans won’t.

Also, if the trust is entitled to say that, then by the same token, people who think they’re talking shite are also allowed to express their views.

Free speech isn’t a one way thing.

End of.

They teach this crap in schools and universities. Just doing what there programmed to do.
images

For me the main focus on the trust should be pressure on ticketing allocations and kick off times:

No Saturday 3pm home game yet this decade!

Late changes for kick off times (eg. West Ham). Numerous TV announcements with weird dependencies, often completely out of our clubs control.

Ever increasing corporate % in away allocations.

The closed shop away allocations and routine ticketing point scheme abuse.

Probably a few others I can't think of right now!
images

They have been to a football match before, haven't they? Preachy motherfuckers.

They come across as the types that would book a treasury meeting on at the same time as a match to be able to see who was really committed to the trust.

I can imagine the online bubble they live in consisting of twitter and reddit only encourages this behaviour.

They come across as the types that would book a treasury meeting on at the same time as a match to be able to see who was really committed to the trust.

I can imagine the online bubble they live in consisting of twitter and reddit only encourages this behaviour.
That’s modern society in general now, where Twitter and Reddit are seen as the mouthpiece of the majority and not agreeing with the mass there means you’re some kind of ignorant bigot.

Back
Top Bottom