We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After watching the goon hiding highlights on youtube last night, (Oh how we laughed!) I re-watched the Ajax second leg game again (highlights)
How the fuck did Moura score that second goal? I watched it several times over and there is no way that should have got through all those legs and in.
I know his third won the tie for us, but the massive impetus that the second goal gave us was huge and I'm sure if Ajax had taken insurance against conceding, that would have been classed as an act of God.

Lloris

Aurier
Alderwiereld
Vertonghen
Rose

Sissoko
Alli

Son
Eriksen
Lucas

Kane

:adethumbup:
Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

There you go, much better. Almost has the look of a team that will finish 26 points above the team you suggested 😉

In all seriousness though, good luck for the final. Two proper football teams, Managed by two classy football managers, under ownerships that did it the right way( a big fuck off to City in that regard). May the best team win

To be honest, I'm not worried about Saturday, the very fact that we're there has been enough, I remember a few years ago there was bullshit about Lloris leaving because his dream was to play in a CL final....who fucking imagined he would realise it with us?

This is what players are in the game for, moments like these, this is the absolute pinnacle of the club game, they can now sit their grandkids down and tell them they played in the final of the Champions League.

I know that winning is everything these days and I really hope we do, Christ if we win the fucking thing I really won't know what to do with myself, but even if we lose, I will still look back on the campaign with a lot of great memories, the City and Ajax games have reached legendary status already...Fuck it, I don't know what I'm trying to say....we're winners already, but lets just fuck these cunts up for shits and giggles...
Thats what I have been telling people at work.

The gooner I work with scoffed at the attitude that getting there was our final glory, and went on to boast how they were going to humiliate Chelsea - and that he had taken today off to get over his celebration hangover.

I really can't wait for tomorrow - but if we win, he may have to take the rest of his annual holiday.

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

There you go, much better. Almost has the look of a team that will finish 26 points above the team you suggested 😉

In all seriousness though, good luck for the final. Two proper football teams, Managed by two classy football managers, under ownerships that did it the right way( a big fuck off to City in that regard). May the best team win

Fuck off, dickhead. I don't consider Livershite a proper football team. Much prefer City to your mob, and that's pure and simply because each and every one of you scouse wankers are irritating, entitled, little bitch nobheads.

Fuck off with your peace style bollocks. We all know you're being disingenuous, and none of us give a flying monkey fuck what you have to say.

Go away.

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Just fuck off pal, take a look at the revenue poured into your club from your owners, you might not have an oil baron but your investers have been equally creative about adding unearned wealth into your side.

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Good one. Still not good enough to win the League though, was it?

In all seriousness though, nobody wants you here, as a fan base you’re the most despised in the country, so take your pseudo good luck bollocks, and fuck off. Haven’t you got some old men to push in fountains or something?

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Go and graffiti some Everton fan's house or push a fucking wall over you cunt.

#JFT39

Just fuck off pal, take a look at the revenue poured into your club from your owners, you might not have an oil baron but your investers have been equally creative about adding unearned wealth into your side.
To be honest I don’t mind the hostility, I’ve kind of expected it, but that will get a response from me.
“Unearned wealth”? Elaborate. FSG was widely criticized for not pumping enough money into the club. They’re stingy fuckers actually, and run the club as such. Balancing the books is their top priority. So if anybody thinks they will pump money into the through some dodgy commercial deals ala City you really don’t know what you’re talking about.
Our commercial revenue is the 4th highest in the league, behind United, City and Chelsea. Our match day revenue is the 5th highest . Our kit sponsor is the lowest in the top 6 at the moment( although that will change from next year with a 90 mil pound a year deal from Adidas being mooted, and rightfully so considering our performances on the pitch), so where exactly is the money being poured in by the owners? Think you need to check your facts.
Klopp only had big money to spend because we sold our best player for big money. Before that we didn’t and benefitted from selling fringe players for good fees( Ibe for 15 mil, Benteke for 30 mil, Sakho for 25 mil, Ings for 20 mil etc.).
A lot of Spurs fans and Pochettino keeps moaning about our spending in the last 18 months, but honestly we sold our best player for the third highest fee in footballing history, surely we’re allowed to spend that money?
I highly doubt others would moan if you sold Kane for 200 mil and spent that money

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

tenor.gif

To be honest I don’t mind the hostility, I’ve kind of expected it, but that will get a response from me.
“Unearned wealth”? Elaborate. FSG was widely criticized for not pumping enough money into the club. They’re stingy fuckers actually, and run the club as such. Balancing the books is their top priority. So if anybody thinks they will pump money into the through some dodgy commercial deals ala City you really don’t know what you’re talking about.
Our commercial revenue is the 4th highest in the league, behind United, City and Chelsea. Our match day revenue is the 5th highest . Our kit sponsor is the lowest in the top 6 at the moment( although that will change from next year with a 90 mil pound a year deal from Adidas being mooted, and rightfully so considering our performances on the pitch), so where exactly is the money being poured in by the owners? Think you need to check your facts.
Klopp only had big money to spend because we sold our best player for big money. Before that we didn’t and benefitted from selling fringe players for good fees( Ibe for 15 mil, Benteke for 30 mil, Sakho for 25 mil, Ings for 20 mil etc.).
A lot of Spurs fans and Pochettino keeps moaning about our spending in the last 18 months, but honestly we sold our best player for the third highest fee in footballing history, surely we’re allowed to spend that money?
I highly doubt others would moan if you sold Kane for 200 mil and spent that money

The main issue we (and pretty much everyone else who doesn't support Liverpool) can't stand you lot is more because of your shithouse fanbase, than anything.

Entitled bunch of victim wankers. You lot are 'always the victim, and it's never your fault'. Every year is going to be 'your year', blah blah blah.

It's boring, and we all know that we will never hear the end of it when you win stuff.

Now, you lot are all coming out of the woodwork, proclaiming you are entitled to win something because of the football you've played this season.

FUCK OFF. Nobody is entitled to win anything. Nobody DESERVES to win a trophy until they've actually fucking won it.

Get off our forum, and go rob a house, "la".

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Haven't you got some fans to murder?

Piss off you tramp.

Best you fuck off to which ever bin you came from :dembelefingers:

Guess this is a good way to ramp up the page count.

TLDR.

Be off with you!

Go and graffiti some Everton fan's house or push a fucking wall over you cunt.

#JFT39
Hey bud that’s a bit uncalled for. Liverpool Football Club paid its respect yesterday, as they have done the 34 years before. 10 culprits served their time, and rightfully so. Justice has been served.
Football banter is one thing, using a tragic event in footballing history to fuel some sort of tribalism notion is another.
I’m not a scouser, so Liverpudlian Xenophobic remarks is not going to work on me. But what I am is a fan that has supported this club for 21 years, and know people who take a lot of hurt seeing remarks like this. Why don’t we just stick to the football? There is enough hate in this world

Hey bud that’s a bit uncalled for. Liverpool Football Club paid its respect yesterday, as they have done the 34 years before. 10 culprits served their time, and rightfully so. Justice has been served.
Football banter is one thing, using a tragic event in footballing history to fuel some sort of tribalism notion is another.
I’m not a scouser, so Liverpudlian Xenophobic remarks is not going to work on me. But what I am is a fan that has supported this club for 21 years, and know people who take a lot of hurt seeing remarks like this. Why don’t we just stick to the football? There is enough hate in this world
I've reported you. Hopefully I'm not the only one. Now go away. You're not welcome and you know it - troll.

Edit - I saw how they 'paid tribute' yesterday. Some junior press officer stuck a wreath on a brick wall - that's not paying tribute, that's an insult.

To be honest, I'm not worried about Saturday, the very fact that we're there has been enough, I remember a few years ago there was bullshit about Lloris leaving because his dream was to play in a CL final....who fucking imagined he would realise it with us?

This is what players are in the game for, moments like these, this is the absolute pinnacle of the club game, they can now sit their grandkids down and tell them they played in the final of the Champions League.

I know that winning is everything these days and I really hope we do, Christ if we win the fucking thing I really won't know what to do with myself, but even if we lose, I will still look back on the campaign with a lot of great memories, the City and Ajax games have reached legendary status already...Fuck it, I don't know what I'm trying to say....we're winners already, but lets just fuck these cunts up for shits and giggles...

'Nail on the head', whilst nervous about the game i've enjoyed the last couple of weeks, looking back at how far we've come and what we've achieved and very much looking forward to the future - regardless of the result I will remember this feeling fondly.

It's rare to not feel 'entitled' but thankful and optimistic, it's quite a different mindset that I see a lot on this forum but not from other fans. We believe and hope but also enjoy these moments, not because it's all we deserve but because they are special and part of the journey.

My only hope for the game is no silly mistakes, top effort and to give a really good show of ourselves...

It's going to be emotional, for some players it will be their last kick in our shirt having given everything over the past few seasons. If we win, it will be unbelievable, if we lose it will be sad. Personally it's been a roller-coaster for many reasons and maybe that's why watching it in the sanctuary of my own home is best... I can just be myself and when the time comes reflect.

Back
Top Bottom