We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's wrong?
10 hours of the anthem repeated, over and over and over and over...

11_80.jpg

Translates as:

I am a scummy Real Madrid fan and I had to do a lot of nasty, depraved things to a lot of sleazy old business men to get some CL tickets, so pardon me for seeking compensation by means of an extortionate sell-on price. Some of these acts were so utterly warped, I need to fund a lifetime of therapy to merely keep the flashbacks at bay.

Email me: [email protected].
(Further requests for other depraved acts in exchange for cash will also be considered....Yes my life is one perverted, deviant purgatorial loop, but it's too late for my soul now.)

ginés. xxx
Oooh, he's makin' it up as he goes along!

Morning all.

LFC ST holder looking forwards to the game. Anyone who thinks it'll be an easy game is sorely mistaken - particularly given the recent game at Anfield, you should really have got something from the game. Yourselves and Man City are the two teams who I've seen live at Anfield this year and have genuinely impressed me.

I see the game being won and lost in the full back areas. Trippier is a weakness for you defensively, in my opinion, whilst Robertson looks like he's running on Duracell most weeks getting up and down the line, so that battle will be key. Whilst Trent although is excellent offensively and a wonderful technician, he isn't the best defensively and teams target us down that right hand side.

In my opinion, if you don't neutralize those threats then we'll win the game. If you do then....

What worries me is we always seem to be rubbish after an extended break and look better when playing twice a week! Still both teams are in the same situation and hopefully after the season we have had this 3 weeks will allow some players time to rest and recover and some to return from injury

What worries me is we always seem to be rubbish after an extended break and look better when playing twice a week! Still both teams are in the same situation and hopefully after the season we have had this 3 weeks will allow some players time to rest and recover and some to return from injury

Look on the bright side though, this extended break will probably get to see us welcome Kane and Winks back into the squad. Imagine going into a game like this with no Harry(s) it would be a huge shame.

3 weeks to wait for your next game, especially after the World Cup took away any kindness of summer off for most of these lads on either team is a bit of a joke though. The Premier League should have started a week or two later than it did

Everyone in the media fucking saying thing like “Ooooh Liverpool deserve a trophy after this amazing season and league run”.

Fuck right off. They completely bottled their league run. It’s their complete own fault.

If there is one club who deserves this title it’s us. The club and the team has worked their fucking balls of to get to this final. Klopp has spend a billion compared to Poch.

Finals like these are where players can elevate themselves, the best do, and they become superstars. Kane I am sure will score somehow if he plays. The question is whether Dele, Eriksen, Son, Moura, as our main goal threats are able to find a way no matter what. In all honesty I think they all are, we've seen enough to know that, i'm just looking forward to see who does. Thing is I wouldn't be surprised to see Toby or Jan score from defense given the enormity of the match either. It's a game for big game players.

Look on the bright side though, this extended break will probably get to see us welcome Kane and Winks back into the squad. Imagine going into a game like this with no Harry(s) it would be a huge shame.

3 weeks to wait for your next game, especially after the World Cup took away any kindness of summer off for most of these lads on either team is a bit of a joke though. The Premier League should have started a week or two later than it did

No WC, but we're pulling similar shit this year aren't we.... (closing the window early compared to rest of Europe.)

Morning all.

LFC ST holder looking forwards to the game. Anyone who thinks it'll be an easy game is sorely mistaken - particularly given the recent game at Anfield, you should really have got something from the game. Yourselves and Man City are the two teams who I've seen live at Anfield this year and have genuinely impressed me.

I see the game being won and lost in the full back areas. Trippier is a weakness for you defensively, in my opinion, whilst Robertson looks like he's running on Duracell most weeks getting up and down the line, so that battle will be key. Whilst Trent although is excellent offensively and a wonderful technician, he isn't the best defensively and teams target us down that right hand side.

In my opinion, if you don't neutralize those threats then we'll win the game. If you do then....

:dembelefingers:

Balls, I put a large bet on Liverpool at round 16 to win the competition. Will win a few hundred quid if they do.

Debating wether to cash in and make a little bit, just so its out of the way for the final.

Balls, I put a large bet on Liverpool at round 16 to win the competition. Will win a few hundred quid if they do.

Debating wether to cash in and make a little bit, just so its out of the way for the final.

Cash out = Extra beer money + no conflict on the night...

Esp. if you're a touch superstitious.

Fucking brilliant news!! Need to do this to ALL ST ticket holders that rent it out to cover the cost of their own ST.

'Bout fuckin' time....

Like you say, what with the new ticket exchange too, hopefully this is a sign of them getting tough on the cunts.

Hopefully they'll start scrutinizing where all the corporate and complimentary tickets go too.

This shit should be infinitely easier to 'police' than 10/20 years ago so no excuse really.

In fact I think I'd quite enjoy being paid to do that, tbh.... Sign me up DL, I wanna be your tout czar.

Watching the final with my dad as we may never get this far again. Decided we are gonna get a lot of beer in and watch it at home. Debated going to the ground but figured drinking whenever you like with your loved ones is the best way to watch this game.

However my mate wants to go out and watch it. I said he should go to the social. Listened to a bit of the pod today but not sure where it’s being shown. Anyone know?
Will be watching it at home with my grandad the reason I support Spurs. This could get emotional.
Exactly this. You are spot on about experiencing this with Family. Weather permitting, I'm turning this into a family/mates BBQ. By the time the game is over I will be either extactic with the win, or too numb to care if it doesn't come off.
COYS.
I'm not just saying this 'cos I don't have any left..
But those of you still lucky enough to have Dads/Grandad's to share this occasion with... SHARE it with them... enjoy this MOMENTOUS moment in YOUR and our club's history...

it may be the only chance we get... so soak it up and SAVOUR EVERY SECOND!

I'll be one of the numerous 'orphans' descending on N17... to spend the day with friends in and around the ground... but fuck me I wish I had some Parents/Grandparents left to share this with.

Enjoy the day... and don't take ANYTHING for granted!
This may be the only chance we get!

Fucking COME ON YOU SPURS!

Last edited:
Morning all.

Agreed.

If Aurier is fit, I would 100% start with him over Trippier. Although not great defensively, he has much more pace than Tripps.

Very prone to giving away a stupid foul or penalty though!

Early line up prediction
[FORMATION=41212, Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/FORMATION]

Bench
Gazzaniga
Aurier
Walker-Peters
Sanchez
Foyth
Davies
Dier
Winks
Skipp
Lamela
Lucas
Llorente

Normally when people mention the idea of playing without a DM so we can fit Lucas, Sonny, Dele, Eriksen and Kane all in I scoff. But this is one game where it could work considering Liverpool don't really play with an out and out number 10. We could match their midfield 3 of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson with ours of Sissoko, Dele and Eriksen - although their is a fear we may be out run, and we haven't played a fluid 4-3-3 in a while so I would be surprised if we sprung it in a game as big as this. Overall, I would go on the safe side and play Wanyama (sorry Dier). Ideally I would go with Winks but I would be shocked if he is 100% fit.

Back
Top Bottom