We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nervous and thinking about the final pretty much every day. God knows how we are going to feel on the day itself. Incredibly exciting, but at the same time very nervous. So badly want us to end our trophy drought with the biggest one of them all.

Check the other thread pal. I think I’m headed plaza Colón judging by info put out
Colón and the area around it isn't an area for drinking really. It's very posh, there aren't many bars and those there are tend to be smallish quiet places that do meals at lunchtime. Not good for supermarkets either.

I used to work around the corner, if we were having a swift beer after work we'd go to a dull cafe bar nearby, anything other than that and we'd head off somewhere else

Colón and the area around it isn't an area for drinking really. It's very posh, there aren't many bars and those there are tend to be smallish quiet places that do meals at lunchtime. Not good for supermarkets either.

I used to work around the corner, if we were having a swift beer after work we'd go to a dull cafe bar nearby, anything other than that and we'd head off somewhere else
A friend of mine who lived in Madrid said very same thing

You got a heads up on what us travelling fans are going to do about watching this relatively important match playing out in Madrid?

A friend of mine who lived in Madrid said very same thing

You got a heads up on what us travelling fans are going to do about watching this relatively important match playing out in Madrid?
I haven't seen anything in the press here about any arrangements, the thing about Colón being a fanzone thing with a big screen I read on here. I'm guessing people will be drinking all over the place, now the weather's nice the terrazas will be doing good business, then heading to the stadium / Colón / staying in a bar they found.

A good area for terrazas and bars is Plaza Santa Ana and the streets around it. It's relatively close to Colón (well, a brisk 20 minute walk) but it's pleasant place to eat and drink. It'll be lively (in the good sense) the night before too, it's one of the main going-out areas in the centre.

Lot's of terrazas in the Retiro Park as well which is lovely

Google Maps

I haven't seen anything in the press here about any arrangements, the thing about Colón being a fanzone thing with a big screen I read on here. I'm guessing people will be drinking all over the place, now the weather's nice the terrazas will be doing good business, then heading to the stadium / Colón / staying in a bar they found.

A good area for terrazas and bars is Plaza Santa Ana and the streets around it. It's relatively close to Colón (well, a brisk 20 minute walk) but it's pleasant place to eat and drink. It'll be lively (in the good sense) the night before too, it's one of the main going-out areas in the centre.

Lot's of terrazas in the Retiro Park as well which is lovely

Google Maps

Just seen on The "Where are you watching the match" thread that the Fanzone in Colón ISN'T showing the match so the above info is a bit useless. Supposedly it's closing at 6pm which is pretty pointless

Nervous and thinking about the final pretty much every day. God knows how we are going to feel on the day itself. Incredibly exciting, but at the same time very nervous. So badly want us to end our trophy drought with the biggest one of them all.
It’s insane, isn’t it? Most reasonable fans would see an FA Cup, or Carabao Cup win as the way to slowly build momentum and attract bigger players. Just like Fergie did. But here we are, going straight for the jugular. The big one. The UEFA Champions’ League. All those years of hearing that crappy theme tune and it meaning absolutely nothing to me, and now we are one win away from what would be, in my opinion, the greatest achievement in the club’s history.

Two weeks and counting...

Last edited:
It’s insane, isn’t it? Most reasonable fans would see an FA Cup, or Carabao Cup win as the way to slowly build momentum and attract bigger players. Just like Fergie did in 91. But here we are, going straight for the jugular. The big one. The UEFA Champions’ League. All those years of hearing that crappy theme tune and it meaning absolutely nothing to me, and now we are one win away from what would be, in my opinion, the greatest achievement in the club’s history.

Two weeks and counting...

Unbelievable mate. Beyond any of our wildest dreams would we think that our Spurs team would be eagerly anticipating a CL final at the end of the season. After years of being called “bottlers” and years of not really achieving anything in terms of trophy success, we are on the cusp of potentially winning the grand daddy of all trophies. I honestly can’t believe we could be European champions, WTF!!!!

Does anyone have an idea where Spurs fans will be drinking in Madrid? Hoping there are people going with no ticket too :levylol:

Usually from about the Wednesday spurs fans will plot up in certain bars, and those bars will be ‘spurs bars’ for the weekend. I’m getting there Thursday so can drop you a message on here if you want mate

Last time I was in Madrid we had dinner there, and I thought the same, not a great place for drinking etc. More of a tourist trap.
I think this ‘fanzone’ will just be a pop up shop type thing, with them trying to flog 90 quid footballs etc.

Was thinking of starting a thread nearer the time, ‘tfc in madrid’ Or something similar, where people can post where they’re drinking/where spurs fans are gathering etc. Be nice to put some faces to usernames

I'm partial to just going for it and having eriksen and sissoko as the midfield two in a 4231 with Kane, Son, Lucas and Dele up top. If were in the lead in the second half and want more control, throw on winks for one of the top 4 players and move eriksen up.

Back
Top Bottom