We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Winks back in training. Team for now has to be:

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Lucas
Kane in if fit

Was saying this over in the Winks thread: but probably more appropriate in here...

I think Kane and Winks start, and Lucas has to be the one relegated to the bench for a three of Son-Eriksen-Dele behind him. It seems harsh after the semi final, but the priority has to be which starting XI is going to gel together the best and would stand the best chance against Liverpool on the day.

Was saying this over in the Winks thread: but probably more appropriate in here...

I think Kane and Winks start, and Lucas has to be the one relegated to the bench for a three of Son-Eriksen-Dele behind him. It seems harsh after the semi final, but the priority has to be which starting XI is going to gel together the best and would stand the best chance against Liverpool on the day.

It's a toughie...... I would probably put Kane in if he was passed just fit enough but Winks as well? That's 2 players with potential question marks over match fitness in the team - that's quite a gamble.

Surprisingly it looks like Winks has returned to full training before Kane which I thought would be the other way round.

Come on Kane!!! Heal faster!!!!

It's a toughie...... I would probably put Kane in if he was passed just fit enough but Winks as well? That's 2 players with potential question marks over match fitness in the team - that's quite a gamble.

Surprisingly it looks like Winks has returned to full training before Kane which I thought would be the other way round.

Come on Kane!!! Heal faster!!!!
If it helps, I think this (albeit unexpected) way around is better - I'd prefer Winks to have two full weeks training and Kane one week (and a half, probably) than vice versa.

Kane is an animal.

Shoving Winks straight into midfield does make me wince, but he changes the way we play. Without him, I could see our midfield getting overrun completely by Liverpool's press.

Been thinking. Reckon we should go full throttle at the start, press the fuck out of them and try and score early. The reason is that Liverpool can be quite gung-ho, and that can leave gaps behind them, but since last season's CL final defeat they have played more cautiously, more measured, especially in the CL this season. As a result I don't think they'll want to over commit early on and potentially leave themselves open. By going for them early we may score but if not the tactic will also encourage them to abandon their game plan and over commit in response, at which point we can counter them which I think is our true best strategy against them.

Imagine IF we win.....
.........all the shit we went through in the 90,s and the naughties, all the shitty semi finals we lost Terry Henry waving at us goodbye after the semi at Old Trafford......we are 90mins away from being champions of Europe....I still can’t believe it

Is that for real 16000?

Very sad state of affairs that is; but my Madrid will be the TOTTENHAM HIGH RD so fuck the footballing body. COYS!

With Winks back in training. Team for now has to be:

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Lucas
Kane in if fit

It's a decent shout.

There are infinite possibilities of teams, but we wouldn't go far wrong persisting with this one.

The only thing going through my head now is all the unknowns, like if Lucas gets sent off in the first minute or Aurier and Eriksen randomly don't work and so on. Just those crazy factors and individual errors that we seem to have overcome in the Champions League all season long. By complete heart.

Does anyone have an idea where Spurs fans will be drinking in Madrid? Hoping there are people going with no ticket too :levylol:
I would expect there to be several hundred ticketless fans out there - the theiving scousers will have large numbers too. I’d love to go ticket or not but wisdom has kicked in and I’m staying in London.

I’ve been thinking today that, if he’s fit, Kane might start in the bench.

In theory, the match could be 120 minutes and then penalties.

It might make more sense to save Kane for later in the match, as playing a whole 90 minutes might be a bit too much for him.

It’ll be a tough call for Pochettino.

Back
Top Bottom