We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just had a visit to the shop... spoke to the girl at the till and she said she thinks the club are going to take the staff to the final. Said they've asked who wants to go. Pretty nice perk for them!

Our room:
mHt8gVk.jpg

Their room:
333jg3Q.jpg

Que the petition :allitongue:

Another one perplexed with the whole points debacle.

16,613 allocation
15% for "executive season ticket holders" = 2492
14121 left for Normal season ticket holders

12904 ST holders with more than 200 ticketing points

Leaves 1217 unaccounted for??

Here's hoping some of those with enough points pass the chance up and theres another window. Even then I can't see me getting one. I suspect as per the usual away games, anyone eligible buys theirs knowing they get the ticketing points and can sell the ticket on for double what they pay.

Literally had my 335 knocked in half a couple of years back, Season ticket for 11 years now. Know a couple of people who've had ST's 20 odds years in the same boat. Doesn't help that the club only have 11 years worth of Season Ticket records.

The club is 136 years old for christ sake, considering "loyalty" over a 5 year period is a bit of an insult frankly.

Are the 1882 ST guaranteed a ticket? Might be where the discrepancy lies.

If you have a had a season ticket for the last 5 year period it's really quite difficult not to have got 200+ points though, you get c. 30 per season just for renewing, so a base of 150. So you would needed to go to c. 10-20 home cup games, 2-4 per season to get a ticket.

If you have a had a season ticket for the last 5 year period it's really quite difficult not to have got 200+ points though, you get c. 30 per season just for renewing, so a base of 150. So you would needed to go to c. 10-20 home cup games, 2-4 per season to get a ticket.

Plus 10 per season for gold, so 200 is easily achievable even if there were no home cup games in that five year period. Plus the Wembley bonus points of course.

Last edited:
They can't be 'less modern'..........they were built at the same time
The home changing room is more luxurious and is fitted with contemporary, state of the art comfort.
The away changing room is reduced to the bare necessities that are already present in changing rooms for years, making it less innovative or modern

The home changing room is more luxurious and is fitted with contemporary, state of the art comfort.
The away changing room is reduced to the bare necessities that are already present in changing rooms for years, making it less innovative or modern

I know they are better - but can't be less modern if built at the same time, the away dressing is still only a year old.....it's just shit/basic

They can't be 'less modern'..........they were built at the same time
I know they are better - but can't be less modern if built at the same time, the away dressing is still only a year old.....it's just shit/basic
For me the term "modern" is about more than just the age of an object

I've just started a new movement.

#NoCuntOffsForTheRestOfMay

Least of all about the subtleties of the word 'modern'

Please desist and unite as one until June 1st.

Thank you.

Mate, I only went to two Wembley games this year. I couldn't face it. My own fault really, but I didn't know we were going to be in the CL final and the cut off so close.

Wonder if the team will revert to a back 3 if Vertonghen is fit. Would rather Sissoko deal with Mane than Aurier getting a red card or fouling him in dangerous positions

Lloris
Sanchez Toby Verts
Sissoko B.Davies
Dele Eriksen
Lucas-------- ------------------Son
KANE

I've just started a new movement.

#NoCuntOffsForTheRestOfMay

Least of all about the subtleties of the word 'modern'

Please desist and unite as one until June 1st.

Thank you.
I didn't call Blanchflower a cunt
yet :allitongue:
You're right though, more than happy with a cease fire :dierpochhug:

Overall they probably edge it in quality and depth, and they did us home and away this season with pretty much a full strength Spurs team (we played back 4 at home, back 3 away, lost both 2-1). Still, as someone else said our injuries (and their luck) mean the 24pt league gap is flattering to them.

Where I think it gets interesting is mentality. 3-0 down against Barca, emotional crowd behind them they looked unstoppable. I don’t think any team could have withstood that collective energy.

However, if City take the league.......the feeling of injustice and unfairness to the Liverpool cult will be immense. The forever victims will wallow in their own pity of record breaking points and still not winning the league. Then, walk into a final....with a manager who has lost 6 of the 7 major cup finals he’s managed....and they’re the favourites....against a team that cost much less....a team they should beat....the pressure to not collapse and have probably the most disappointing season ever will be huge.

I think then it’s advantage Spurs. We’re desperate to win, but you won’t hear any Spurs talking about ‘deserving’ it. We’ve been up against it all season and the CL has been a battle from the start, the team just fights. What happens in the prem this weekend will have a big impact on the final. If they magic a league title then I’d say they are almost nailed on favourites. Fall short then it’s evens....flip that coin : )
Perfectly put-exactly the case.

Still, not what sure to think about the what the effect, if any, of their final league position on the final could be.

1st place

+ for us: having won such a huge battle, maybe it'd be difficult for them to get back up for a match a few weeks later, meaning they could play slightly below their best and without as much hunger. (clutching at straws?)
- for us: it'd remove completely any doubts, and the whole buzz around the club would propel them to a PL-CL double.

2nd place

+ for us: it would be a difficult pill to swallow, and they'd have to stew on the disappointment for 3 weeks before they play us.
- for us: they'd do literally anything to ensure that they don't finish the season trophyless.

The question is: would you want to play a desperate, 'heavy metal', PL-less Liverpool or perhaps a Liverpool who've been basking in the glory of a first title in 29 years for a few weeks and therefore may be a little complacent?

I guess another factor is the circumstances in which a 2nd place may come about: beating Wolves while City beat Brighton is one thing, but imagine if both City and Liverpool fail to win, yet City win the title. Such a scenario would not be ideal for Liverpool

What do we all think?
I don't think the final league position of Liverpool will matter one jot when we play them on June 1st.

Back
Top Bottom