We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree.

How many points do you have now.

Me and my dad had about 500 points before they restructured the points system.

I've now got 150 points.

That's more or less the last five years of ST renewal points (4x25 and 1x30) plus the bonus points for attending Wembley PL matches in 2017-18.

That's more or less the last five years of ST renewal points (4x25 and 1x30) plus the bonus points for attending Wembley PL matches in 2017-18.
We had to give up our ST the year we made CL with redknapp. Only managed to get a ST last season.

We were members during that time and tried to go to WHL as much as possible.

Bit gutted I won't meet the points for this final game. I've been to every home game this season, including MK dons and Milan away.

RAWK - We’re a plastic club apparently.

“On the contrary, maybe they have been punching above their weight so what?, but they have won fuck all for how long? in terms of them being plastics to me they are, ok no oil state or whatever but they are a plastic club, from the plastic flags on their 1st champions league campaign, to their 1 hit wonder (top 4's their everything).

Media darlings due to their geographical location, good manager, yes, good players , yes, good side , yes but they are still a bunch of plastics that do not even register with our great club. So the plastic piece isn't exclusive to Chelsea & City, it runs deeper and this lot are plastics as anything.

A decent side but lets get some perspective. My main point being was anybody backing us when we had the cancers in charge expecting to compete with Cheslea and mancs? No they didn't, even our own fan base was ignorant to it in terms of their expectations of teh team and manager.”
Complete contradiction. We’ve ‘won fuck all’, as this arse-clown helpfully (and inaccurately) points out. And yet a ‘plastic’ fan is to my mind, one who attaches him or herself to a team that has achieved recent glory.

So which are we - plastics, or trophyless wonders?

Complete contradiction. We’ve ‘won fuck all’, as this arse-clown helpfully (and inaccurately) points out. And yet a ‘plastic’ fan is to my mind, one who attaches him or herself to a team that has achieved recent glory.

Not sure if he has a correct understanding of plastic as he is bitching about some plastic flags in the stands.

Tbf to them many were complimenting us on our fight back on Wednesday. I’m just trying to get a bit of needle going.

We've won nothing for 11 years........they've won nothing for 7 years

But we've finished higher in the league 8/10 seasons and played more CL seasons

I'd say our recent history is pretty even
Top four their everything is a strange comment as well considering we've challenged twice in recent years for the title and they've only this season. And likely they have the same number of titles to show for it as we've do! And here we are in a final, suggesting we care about more than just top four!

Top four their everything is a strange comment as well considering we've challenged twice in recent years for the title and they've only this season. And likely they have the same number of titles to show for it as we've do! And here we are in a final, suggesting we care about more than just top four!

Think it's a reference that crap 'One Love' song some of our fans did a few years ago

Not sure if its been mentioned before :

42.01: 'Seven team officials, one of whom must be a team doctor, and seven substitute players (12 substitute players for the final) are allowed to sit on the substitutes’ bench, i.e. a total of 14 persons. The names of all these persons and their functions must be listed on the match sheet.'

So might look like :

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Sissoko Eriksen
Lucas Dele Son
Kane

Subs :
1. Gazzaniga
2. Davies
3. Aurier
4. Sanchez
5. Foyth

6 Dier
7 Wanyama
8 Winks
9 Skipp
10 Lamela
11 Lllorente
12 Walker-Peters

Missing Out : Vorm

If we have more than one injury might need to put another youngster on the bench !

Tbf to them many were complimenting us on our fight back on Wednesday. I’m just trying to get a bit of needle going.
Don't defend them Joe, they're cunts every single one of them. Any of them being complimentary are just faking it through fear as they know we're going to end their dreams in Madrid and they don't want to look like the ignorant, entitled fart-blossoms that they all are.

Don't defend them Joe, they're cunts every single one of them. Any of them being complimentary are just faking it through fear as they know we're going to end their dreams in Madrid and they don't want to look like the ignorant, entitled fart-blossoms that they all are.
Yeah, sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking.

RAWK - We’re a plastic club apparently.

“On the contrary, maybe they have been punching above their weight so what?, but they have won fuck all for how long? in terms of them being plastics to me they are, ok no oil state or whatever but they are a plastic club, from the plastic flags on their 1st champions league campaign, to their 1 hit wonder (top 4's their everything).

Media darlings due to their geographical location, good manager, yes, good players , yes, good side , yes but they are still a bunch of plastics that do not even register with our great club. So the plastic piece isn't exclusive to Chelsea & City, it runs deeper and this lot are plastics as anything.

A decent side but lets get some perspective. My main point being was anybody backing us when we had the cancers in charge expecting to compete with Cheslea and mancs? No they didn't, even our own fan base was ignorant to it in terms of their expectations of teh team and manager.”

That has to be one of the dumbest posts ever (obviously not you Joe who is the messenger).

Plastic is a term for a fan base that heavily supports a club because a load of money was injected (often by dodgy means) hence why Chelsea in particularly get that term. I even remember at school a kid who changed from Man United to supporting Chelsea as they got rich and bought trophies. That is the plastics, fake growth in trophies and fans bought by money.

We are comparatively with other top 6 sides broke as fuck, without much money or recently trophies punching hard as we can with what we have got. The idea of Tottenham being a glory hunter fan base is laughable. Our growth has been largely if not totally organic, great manager, good young players, well run on the business side. You couldn’t get more opposite than plastics.

It’s almost as if this poster on RAWK doesn’t know what he is talking about. If the guy wants to insult us fine, but at least know your target.

Yeah, sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking.
Nah you're right I was just playing along really. I've known loads of Liverpool fans in the past, two of them were thoroughly decent human beings. Might only be a 1 in 100 hit rate but they are out there. But fuck me, looking at posts like the one you quoted it sure is hard to remember that.

Not sure if its been mentioned before :

42.01: 'Seven team officials, one of whom must be a team doctor, and seven substitute players (12 substitute players for the final) are allowed to sit on the substitutes’ bench, i.e. a total of 14 persons. The names of all these persons and their functions must be listed on the match sheet.'

So might look like :

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Sissoko Eriksen
Lucas Dele Son
Kane

Subs :
1. Gazzaniga
2. Davies
3. Aurier
4. Sanchez
5. Foyth

6 Dier
7 Wanyama
8 Winks
9 Skipp
10 Lamela
11 Lllorente
12 Walker-Peters

Missing Out : Vorm

If we have more than one injury might need to put another youngster on the bench !
That looks like a damn good starting eleven.

Back
Top Bottom