We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool were there for the taking. So we're man United in the semi last season. So we're chelsea in the semi this season. I'm sick of it

Liverpool were not 'there for the taking' United in the semi fa cup yes. Just don't see how you can't see what we achieved in this European campaign. The comebacks from the group stages, city, Ajax. We just ran out of lives. The pen was harsh and so unlucky on us. We gave them a game and competed. We couldn't score and that's partly down to a world class 70m keeper and a 70m defender in vvd. But also down to our finishing too. Totally distraught. So close and would have been a dream come true and one that I wouldn't even have thought we'd get close to. not sure if we'll get here again.

Liverpool were not 'there for the taking' United in the semi yes. Just don't see how you can't see what we achieved in this European campaign. The comebacks from the group stages, city, Ajax. We just ran out of lives. The pen was harsh and so unlucky on us. We have them a game and competed. We couldn't score and that's partly down to a world class 70m keeper and a 70m defender in vvd. But also down to our finishing too. Totally distraught. So close and would have been a dream come true and one that I wouldn't even have thought we'd get close to. not sure if we'll get here again.
Our finishing was absymal took over an hour to get a shot on target fucking disgraceful and yes we won't be back in another CL final again opportunity not taken.

Wow.... just wow....
What a Cunt!

...still, there is always this:

Rot in hell you sadistic Nazi, S&M subservient prick!

Hopefully they'll find him one day in a cupboard, having self-asphicsiated himself wanking off to old Hitler footage, with a copy of Mein Kampf between his legs, covered in spunk!

Regardless of his feelings on Israel, the fact he's made the association with US shows what a nasty little Anti-Semite he is....

I hope if he actually has kids, (who'd fuck him?).... that one of them marries a Jew... just to FUCK with his tiny mind!
FUCKING dirty anti-Semitic CUNT!

Last edited:
Sitting in Zaragoza airport awaiting my flight.Broken,down hearted but far from defeated.With our new stadium/increased revenue I sense more of these nights will happen in the near future.A massive thank you to the players who took us this far.I think this transfer window is going to be absolutely crucial, get it right and we will only go from strength to strength, get it wrong/fail to invest and things could begin to unravel.
Whatever,I love this club,I always have and I always will #COYS

Amen brother, and very admiral thoughts having been through the wringer first hand. This is the mentality we need right now, looking forward to a brighter future, not dwelling on the broken dreams.

Indeed.

Isn't it 'strange' how it's never guys like 1chriswaddle that do the melting....

I think the thing that really crushed me about yesterday was how much it felt like a consolation bauble for Liverpool. It would have meant so much more to us.

The positive spin on that of course is that for all their money and all their success, neither City nor Liverpool managed to get what they really wanted from this season. They'd both give anything to trade places with each other.

If the last thing you want is this place becoming ‘a bitter embarrassment ‘ why did you accuse a fellow poster of ‘kiddy fiddling’ while arguing about a football match???

You’re scum and a card issued

Now fuck off from this Forum and close the door on the way out
Imagine taking a insult as serious. Literally everyone calls each other nonces for stupid things but you cry babies are on your high horse taking it as a serious statement

Can you please make your point without accusing someone of being a paedophile, what a disgusting insult to throw at someone. So unnecessary. Thank you.
Jesus Christmas can you people stop acting like I am seriously accusing him of being a pedo, it’s just an insult like someone calling you a nonce in a non serious way

Imagine taking a insult as serious. Literally everyone calls each other nonces for stupid things but you cry babies are on your high horse taking it as a serious statement

You're "literally" talking shit....

Must taste horrible.

I think the thing that really crushed me about yesterday was how much it felt like a consolation bauble for Liverpool. It would have meant so much more to us.

The positive spin on that of course is that for all their money and all their success, neither City nor Liverpool managed to get what they really wanted from this season. They'd both give anything to trade places with each other.

I'm just thinking pool have won this 5 times (before last night) and had their underdog win in 2005. They had plenty of trophies and these kind of nights. We just needed 1 last night and that would have kept us going for the rest of our lives. I'd have watched the highlights forever. But guess it doesn't work like that. Whyyyyyyyy

It was a horrible night - Christ, 30 secs. If only, if only......

I'm in 1Chriswaddle's camp - I call people like us 'supporters', they call us 'happy clappers'

I know there's a danger of typecasting but I'm fed up of the melters on here who think the club owes them victories in every single match so that they can be happy with their lives, and who think criticising the manager (who obviously knows more than they ever will about both professional football or the fitness of individual team members), and the Board, somehow "holds them to account", presumably in their own minds if nowhere else.

So at the risk of making the whole forum unintelligible, I am going to put on ignore:
JohnT, Nigel, Hood & Ankur.
Who have I missed?

On reflection, it was a pedestrian performance by us. I have no idea why we didn't turn up.

Well, on further reflection Sausage you might consider, just for starters:
  • being shattered at the end of a long season
  • 30C heat
  • being overcome with tension playing in the CL final for the first time
  • being asked to overcome very dubious referring decision after 30 secs
  • being asked to attack a very good defensive team who were sitting with 10 men behind the ball
  • being desperate to win/score/play well when nothing you try comes off.
I don't like it any more than you, I'm also bitterly disappointed - but I don't see why people seem to struggle with the vagaries of football. Sometimes you play well and win - last night, alas, we didn't.

Back
Top Bottom