We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You fucking Sissoko boys crack me up. Did neither of you notice how much better we were when Sissoko was removed from the midfield?

How the fuck you watch performances like that from the likes of Eriksen, Alli, and Winks (a kid who’s played about 250 games less than Sissoko but held our midfield together and saw more ball than anyone on the pitch) and somehow stil have to make it all about fucking Sissoko?

How about giving Winks a “special mention” iz futbal iz futbal ?

Thought Winks was brilliant. DM’s who add to the attack give me wood.

Lamela deserves some love for tonight.

Key passes to Kane for both the goal and Rose's miss, and tormented them like a cross between a Tasmanian Devil and Keira Knightley playing that psycho ballet dancer..

Btw we've been to Barcelona, Madrid, and Turin in the CL during the past two seasons and not lost. Amazing growth

Not only have we not lost - but we've been the better team in all of those games too and amazingly won none of them!

Champions League though is all about nights like that - we've proven over the last two seasons we belong.

All things considered, I am most impressed with how we didn't skip a beat coming out in the second half with Busquets back to manning the middle for them

I agree with all that but we played really well when Sissoko was playing right back.
I was a bit disappointed with Winks tonight. Too many misplaced passes and too many backward passes
as well.

At least you didn't disappoint Ahab ... posting like a complete and utter cunt as usual .... but tonight even you get a free pass, COYS ....

God, we played well tonight. We got better as the night drew on. Was it because Dier wasn't playing?
Rose was back to his best tonight but KWP was a boy playing amongst men. What did I tell you?
Five year contract? He needs to hit the gym lest he becomes another Onomah.

Clearly this post is about more than football because in hard times it becomes insignificant however when you are down the joy of a performance like this can raise your head to help you see the light. We’re all with you as we go marching on...

It really has. These are my darkest hours, and a football match (of all things) has given a much needed injection of positivity.

Score line against Barca’s “B+” team doesn’t look so good, but it was a dominant showing by Spurs. Thank god for PSV, which turned out to be a tough side. Just goes to show you, there’s no cake walks in the CL.

Verified account @SkySportsStatto
Tottenham had more shots (17-14) & shots on target (7-3) than Barcelona at Camp Nou tonight. Most shots in CL away games this season (all played 3 away):
61 - Barcelona
52 - TOTTENHAM, Real Madrid, Man City

Most on target:

DuK8AUYWwAIONPh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom