We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tonight is the night Sissoko will make Messi look like Mark Noble.....
CelebratedGrizzledFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

This guy makes it look easy

I can see that happening. Its just assumed that Inter will win but away at PSV watching our result will not be easy.

Inter are at home.

Whilst PSV have nothing to play for - I'm pretty sure money could be a motivation for them. Don't you get £2,500,000 every Champions League game you win and £900,000 every draw?

Inter are at home.

Whilst PSV have nothing to play for - I'm pretty sure money could be a motivation for them. Don't you get £2,500,000 every Champions League game you win and £900,000 every draw?
They have everything to play for.. pride.. cash.. uefa coefficient points... spurs..

You're bloody right...

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/

'€1.5 million for every win & €500,000 for every draw in group stages'

So even a draw would be something to play for.

And I assume that's pretty handsome for a team in the Dutch League.

To be honest, they had been knocked out when they played Barcelona and actually were the better team for large parts of that game (They were at home though). We also saw how resolute they could be when defending and hard to break down, so let's hope the longer the game goes on at 0-0, the more frustrated Inter could get.

It's not without some sadness I noticed when I took my daughter to badminton training that she was wearing a Barca shirt with Ibrahimovic on it. Tonight of all nights, need to get her a Dele shirt.

47575342_2258563950835127_4567786633708961792_n.jpg

You're gonna lok at their attack and think wow. But... just look at that poor defense. This is just Sport.es prediction, I don't think Busquets will play.

47575342_2258563950835127_4567786633708961792_n.jpg

You're gonna lok at their attack and think wow. But... just look at that poor defense. This is just Sport.es prediction, I don't think Busquets will play.

That defence mixed with Busquets not playing would be the best we can ask for. I'll even take Messi in their attack if it means we get that defence and a Busquets-less Barcelona.

We will get chances. We need to take them.

Were we to achieve the highly unlikely then it would be a good result and nothing more.

No trophy for qualifying before we start reinventing success.

From a "trophies or bust" perspective, the likelihood of fewer European fixtures going forward in the CL rather than the EL makes for a better chance of being able to field strong teams in the cups.

We could also let our league campaign wither and go all-out in all three cups, but that seems like fool's gold from where we're standing.

Back
Top Bottom