We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be interesting if Rose starts. I'm not expecting it but Poch surprised everyone including Rose himself by starting him at Old Trafford and maybe the occasion would reignite a fire in his belly that Rose hasn't had for a long, long time. Getting the odd start against mid-table outfits hasn't really got him going again, if he is possible of reaching pre-injury heights again.

That fire needs to come from within. Tonight's not a night for charity.

Davies > latter day Rose.

[formation=433, Hugo, KWP, Toby, Jan, Rose, Sissoko, Dier, Dele, Eriksen, Kane, Son][/formation]

Think this is what Poch is likely to go with. If we put in a performance akin to Madrid last year, we're more than capable of getting something here. They are not unbeatable, and there's no way them already being through won't have a bearing on their performance. We just need to believe. Audere Est Facere.
COYS

[formation=433, Hugo, KWP, Toby, Jan, Rose, Sissoko, Dier, Dele, Eriksen, Kane, Son][/formation]

Think this is what Poch is likely to go with. If we put in a performance akin to Madrid last year, we're more than capable of getting something here. They are not unbeatable, and there's no way them already being through won't have a bearing on their performance. We just need to believe. Audere Est Facere.
COYS

Yeah, I think that's spot on.

Only decision is to start Son or Lucas. Both were subbed off against Leicester obviously with this game in mind but I think starting Son would be the smarter move, especially on the current form he's in. You simply have to start Son when he's in these sort of patches.

Unless of course he starts Lucas over Sissoko and puts Eriksen in a midfield 3 but with KWP at right back, he's going to need all the help he can get and Sissoko does an excellent job of covering his right backs.

Yeah, I think that's spot on.

Only decision is to start Son or Lucas. Both were subbed off against Leicester obviously with this game in mind but I think starting Son would be the smarter move, especially on the current form he's in. You simply have to start Son when he's in these sort of patches.

Unless of course he starts Lucas over Sissoko and puts Eriksen in a midfield 3 but with KWP at right back, he's going to need all the help he can get and Sissoko does an excellent job of covering his right backs.
Yep, tough decision, but I think Son starting with Lucas and Lamela as impacts off the bench is how we'll line out.
And yeah you're right about Sissoko, and I think it's the main reason Poch clearly has so much faith in him. The covering he does for our right back, particularly when Aurier is playing, is quite astonishing. He'll be stationed right in front of KWP for the night I would imagine.

Totti Totti
TomHotspur TomHotspur
@Anyone...

Someone pleeeease explain, why favour a Rose that no longer shows any pace or agression (the 2 defining factors of his 'peak')...?

All thats left is an average defender with a dodgy attitude(*).

Week after week a large proportion of you put Davies (the superior defender) in the shade for DR... I honestly dont get it.

(*First hint of a bigger money move he'll be off; sadly i can't see that offer coming and imagine he'll just wind his contract down instead.)

Good lord no way. The thought of him trundling up his unnatural side of the field and trying to use his right foot gives me shivers.

Bad idea, granted... But couldn't you at least muster a little more respect for the man who's hands-down been our best LB for 2 years?

PSV are going to have their CL moment of glory, we qualify regardless the Football gods have a wacky sense of humour just relax and enjoy us strutting out at the Nou Camp
Gotta go to staff xmas doo tonight so will miss the game. I work in IT so most people are nerds/foreign so wont ruin the score. Is there a highlights show tonight?
Mate seriously now - blow out the Christmas party

Last edited:
Totti Totti
TomHotspur TomHotspur
@Anyone...

Someone pleeeease explain, why favour a Rose that no longer shows any pace or agression (the 2 defining factors of his 'peak')...?

Week after week a large proportion of you put Davies (the superior defender) in the shade for DR... I honestly dont get it.

(*First hint of a bigger money move he'll be off; sadly i can't see that offer coming and imagine he'll just wind his contract down instead.)
I'm not favouring Rose mate, I merely think Poch could well pick him over Davies tonight. Rose is pretty gash these days no doubt but Davies whilst perceived as solid really isn't much better. A new left back should be priority number 2 after central midfield IMO.

Bad idea, granted... But couldn't you at least muster a little more respect for the man who's hands-down been our best LB for 2 years?
TBF he's practically been our only left back for 2 years. I have great respect for Ben as a person and he's a great squad player to have, but that doesn't mean fans shouldn't be allowed to point out the glaring flaws in his game.

I know i hammer people on here for being negative and i find the "not feeling confident about this one so going 1-1" posts pretty unnecessary - especially when its a home fixture against relegation fodder.

BUT.

I just can't let myself believe this time. it doesn't seem feasible to me. They are just too good at home. And the reality is, we don't REALLY deserve to go through. We have conceded too many last minute goals in this group in games that we should have had sown up. So we only really have ourselves to blame.

BUT what i can get behind is a PSV draw and us to scrape a point. We see a team with wholesale changes. No Piqué, No Busquets... No Messi, and that can happen.

Either way i hope we give a good account of ourselves and make our loyal travelling fans proud. And if the expected happens then we pick ourselves up and move into Christmas full of optimism that we will smash teams left right and centre as we normally do this time of year.

COYS!

Last edited:
Imagine if PSV Win
Don't worry, I've been on that train since we beat Inter. If only we could be that lucky. If Woolwich were in this spot fucking Turkeyblekstain Whogivesashit FC would somehow beat Bayern off a triple deflected shot that was going out of play but then that little stick ref accidently hit it into the net or some shit to send them through.

I think Spurs are going to have to do this the hard way.

Totti Totti
TomHotspur TomHotspur
@Anyone...

Apologies, didn't notice he had Rose.

I put Davies in my line-up as I think he will play. I'm happy with either of them based on what Poch has seen in training. Though after coming back from injury I doubt Rose would start a second game in 4 days.

Back
Top Bottom