Was the right decision made???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did Daniel Levy make the right decision?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess that's why we will disagree then, I really thought we were rudderless and with a crew that looked as if it were on the verge of mutiny.

Again, whilst you see it that way, my impression was more of someone out of his depth taking us nowhere fast.
What did you see that made you believe he was accomplishing things?

I didn't see much to suggest we were on the cusp of something great....but nor did I see anything to suggest we were going to massively under perform. So, on the premise that with so many new players a team could not be built overnight and (as many managers and pundits agreed upon) would take some time to develop in to the vision the manager had, and given that 'building something for the future' was Andre's remit, I think it was be thoroughly unfair to pass any judgments on the success of something that was not yet complete.

It would be like anyone walking in to my garage right now and critising my abilities to build a motorbike because currently the frame is without an engine and there is not a wheel in sight. Sure, I'm not winning street races right now, but it doesn't mean there won't be a superb example of a CBR600 sitting there come the summer next year.

I agree, would like to know how much freedom of movement AVB had, did he get the players he wanted or was it Levy and co who just decided one day they did not like the "cut of his jib".

Sacking a manager because of the cut of his jib now is madness, especially considering that upon hiring him, his jib would have been one of the primary factors in his recruitment, after all, there is little else to go on.

Sacking a manager because of the cut of his jib now is madness, especially considering that upon hiring him, his jib would have been one of the primary factors in his recruitment, after all, there is little else to go on.
Levy's past record in giving managers a good go is not good?
They would have done their homework before employing him so it points to personalty issues maybe, that cannot be good.

Until people know exactly what went on Mick its all speculative, but AVB has won silverware whereas Arry won fuck all, despite his 'extensive' managerial experience. On the face of it, it could have been fairer to let AVB continue longer, but maybe he pulled the pin and told Levy to get fucked who knows?
Why the HR reference?
I just want us to move on

Levy's past record in giving managers a good go is not good?
They would have done their homework before employing him so it points to personalty issues maybe, that cannot be good.

But to allow a manager to invest £100m+ on players to fit a system specifically devised by said manager, then to sack him because of personality issues is poor business...and it's the business side of things Levy is supposed to excel at.

nor did I see anything to suggest we were going to massively under perform.
Really? Missed the West Ham home tie did you? well there was always the Newcastle home game, how about the City drubbing? No? Surely you saw Liverpool sink 5 past us at the Lane? What about our goals scored and general lack of passion and commitment?

AVB's reign was like having a member of your family taken by a cult. Some of you supporters suffer from stockholm syndrome! Snap out of it bitches!!

Really? Missed the West Ham home tie did you? well there was always the Newcastle home game, how about the City drubbing? No? Surely you saw Liverpool sink 5 past us at the Lane? What about our goals scored and general lack of passion and commitment?

AVB's reign was like having a member of your family taken by a cult. Some of you supporters suffer from stockholm syndrome! Snap out of it bitches!!

I saw some bad performances, but I never expected everything to be perfect this season.

Until people know exactly what went on Mick its all speculative, but AVB has won silverware whereas Arry won fuck all, despite his 'extensive' managerial experience. On the face of it, it could have been fairer to let AVB continue longer, but maybe he pulled the pin and told Levy to get fucked who knows?
Winning promotion with any of the sides Harry did is far more of an acheivement than winning anything with porto, let alone the FA Cup.

Hell winning the inter toto with west ham is

Anyone who watched AVBs Porto knows what system he wanted to implement. They were fantastic, but he didn't build them, he moulded a group of special players into a formation that worked. He struggled to emulate that in two clubs in England but neither club gave him Enough time to do so. If you want immediate success AVB wasn't the right man. If you wanted to build he might of been, we'll never know now. Just hope his replacement does well with the players he bought:sherwoodlol:

Anyone who watched AVBs Porto knows what system he wanted to implement. They were fantastic, but he didn't build them, he moulded a group of special players into a formation that worked. He struggled to emulate that in two clubs in England but neither club gave him Enough time to do so. If you want immediate success AVB wasn't the right man. If you wanted to build he might of been, we'll never know now. Just hope his replacement does well with the players he bought:sherwoodlol:

And the ones he didnt :adelol:

That's fair enough but we were playing shit football under AVB throughout not just this season. Not saying he was all bad but his footballing philosophy just didn't work & he was too stubborn & divisive.

But I can't agree it didn't work, though I will agree it hadn't yet worked.

This is not an AVB thing though, I feel any manager working under the remit AVB had should have been given more time before a judgement was made (by anyone, fans or chairman). And this also applies to the next man, whoever it may be.

Back
Top Bottom