Was the right decision made???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did Daniel Levy make the right decision?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quite a significant decision was made by Daniel Levy to sack AVB. Whilst there are many factors in peoples views, one question remains that I am interested to get the view of from the FightingCock public.

Did Daniel Levy make the right decision in sacking AVB?

Personally, I believe it was a touch too premature, so at this point in time I don't believe it was the right decision.

No.
There was justification for his sacking, but all things considered it was knee jerk by Levy and way too early.
We didn't get these spankings last year and I really believe that Villas Boas would have learned a lot from them this year. Sometimes lessons take a while to drip feed into the brain and then become fully understood. He should have been given the chance to get there.
We have made a mistake.

No. If he'd had a genuine decent replacement lined up I would've seen the logic behind it.

Obviously some of the results were highly embarrassing, but to sack the manager with our highest win percentage in I don't know how long with no one better waiting in the wings? Absolute madness.

Bloke with no qualifications/experience blue and white army!

No. If he'd had a genuine decent replacement lined up I would've seen the logic behind it.

Obviously some of the results were highly embarrassing, but to sack the manager with our highest win percentage in I don't know how long with no one better waiting in the wings? Absolute madness.

Bloke with no qualifications/experience blue and white army!
Bloody hell mate, where have you being? Missed you. Thought you'd gone forever.
Too weird?

I voted yes, that Pool game was too much to take on top of the West Ham and City fiascoes.

This was your views after Sunderland
Well two tremendous games in a row, full of entertainment and drama, and brilliant goals, proper Spursy :coys::coys:

Delighted with the three points, yep a draw would have been 'fairer' but we deserved 4 points from the last two games, just got them the wrong way round if you like.

Still got major striker problems,we have to get someone in ASAP in January.

Anyway 10 out of 10 for the result and entertainment, and great see Hugo back to his best, MOTM for me.

Liverpool was the next PL game. Odd to want the manager sacked based on 3 spankings, when you think that everything else has been fantastic.

I voted yes. Look absolutely wanted AVB to succeed with "the project" (what was it anyway).
But wanting someone to succeed is different to employing someone you know will be able to undertake the job (same applies with most position vacants).
I'd say AVB was promoted above his capabilities. If we did not have Bale last yr this day would have been seen earlier.
AVB was not experienced to see that with our quality we could not play his systems and an outcome - not able to play high line, not able to break teams down, not a able to convert goals.
He may have wanted Hulk, Moutinho, Villa etc.... But that is not Levy's fault that we do not have the buying funds, his role is to work out what results we get with staff we have, if that means dropping defensive line, playing ball quicker to opposition 1/3 etc so be it.
As for taking first team players to Moldova, Russia, Norway etc and then either playing them or tiring them with travel only to be sluggish on weekend - naive.

Even the AVBOUT brigade realise this is a disaster where is HIDDINK,CAPELLO,DE BOER..ECT? they all said No.We can all have our doubts about AVB but we sure have done it this time having a guy manage the team with zero experience and a former gooner.

Sherwood thinks like someone with no managerial experience. He implies through his latest interview 'it is all about spurs' And he won't do his homework on southampton.What arrogance and hubris.We will see if this approach works tomorrow.

Although I've gotten a bit disillusioned with our playing style of late, at least with AVB in charge we more often than not won our matches. With him in charge, I'd have been probably disappointed with dropping points at Southampton. Now with him gone, I'd be happy with just one point. Or maybe it was Levy's cunning way of managing expectations to get rid.

I voted yes, but It's not as simple as "did levy do the right thing?" He took a risk on a manager who didn't fair well at his last job and it appears to have backfired. So Yes, but also no.

Who knows though Sherwood wins us the league and I'll apologize to levy personally.

Back
Top Bottom