Walker's twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But this isn't about him playing badly, it's about whether or not he overreacted to the abuse he received. Not only do you seem to be advancing the idea that the abuse is in some way tolerable because he's a rich footballer, but also that the maturity of his reaction to the abuse is irrelevant "because he's in the team on merit". I don't quite follow the logic of that argument.

When you were 22 were you of the same maturity level as you are now (assuming that you are at least 5 or so years older than that now)?

My posts are in direct response to people saying "He's only 22"

I never said that the abuse is tolerable, but his age is totally irrelevant......or are you saying that it would be ok for him to receive this level of abuse if he were older?

I doubt he's crying in a corner somewhere. He probably just couldn't be fucked with it any more and that's his prerogative.

Point is, gooners are laughing at us over this pathetic behaviour by some fans which is one good reason why we need to support him.

Woolwich fans booed when Eboue was brought on and every time he touched the ball and then cheered when he was subbed in the same game.....

My posts are in direct response to people saying "He's only 22"

I never said that the abuse is tolerable, but his age is totally irrelevant......or are you saying that it would be ok for him to receive this level of abuse if he were older?
No, I am not saying that at all. I am saying that with age and maturity these things become easier to handle and less likely to cause an overreation such as shutting down a Twitter account in a huff.

But, you didn't answer my question. Were you of the same level of maturity at 22 as you are now (assuming you are no longer within that age range)? I don't understand why you are ignoring the concept of maturity with age.

not trying to get him back on twitter. More trying to get proper spurs fans to speak up in support.
Up to him if he wants to be on twitter or not.
still won't stop the lolz, the horse has already bolted. I don't think that this kind of abuse on twitter will stop, emotions run high in the aftermath of a defeat and I reckon every player has had similar abuse.

Not talking about that, but more about the deleting his twitter thing. I'm 21 and I would just say fuck it and delete my twitter if a bunch of assclowns started going at me.

Assclown?! :roflmao:

676664.jpg

Point is, gooners are laughing at us over this pathetic behaviour by some fans which is one good reason why we need to support him.

Maybe remind any laughing filth of the death threats made against Aaron Ramsey by their own fans back in February of this year then...

Every club has its fair share of cretins.... that club takes the piss though.

Like that interview. He obviously knows he hasn't been on top form and it sounds like he's trying to get back there. Nice to see a level headed England full back, eh Ashley?

Like that interview. He obviously knows he hasn't been on top form and it sounds like he's trying to get back there. Nice to see a level headed England full back, eh Ashley?
Yeah, although blaming bad form on Twitter does seem like a bit of an excuse. Still, he's 22 so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Tottenham defender Kyle Walker admits his form has been “up and down’” this season but insists he is ready to put in extra hours in training in a bid to improve.

The 22-year-old was named PFA Young Player of the Year last season but his performances have been criticised this time around.
After Spurs’ 4-2 defeat to Chelsea at White Hart Lane two weeks ago, Walker deactivated his Twitter account after becoming angered by criticism from fans.
The England star says he is at a loss to explain his inconsistent form but insists he can get back to the heights of last season.
“My form has been a bit up and down to be truthful. I couldn’t tell you why,” he told Press Association Sport.
“I had a good season last season so to keep that standard is very high.
“I will try and keep doing what I did last season and hopefully everything will fall in to place.
“I am prepared to work after training...that will make me a better player.”
http://www.london24.com/sport/totte...er_training_if_that_s_what_it_takes_1_1679832

Up and down would suggest he's had good games when in fact he's been below average and fucking awful.

Yeah he's been a bit shit so far this season but I don't think many teams in the prem wouldn't take him. He smashed it last year and you don't drop your own at the first wobble. He's got time yet before all these cretins should start slagging him off. Which isn't to say he doesn't have to work on it and make sure his team is benefitting from his presence.

Back
Top Bottom