Walker's twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should have never had a twatter. Shit is garbage and meant for self absorbed teenage fat girls in the Midwest.

Twatter and taking pictures of food with a sepia filter are two of the greatest threats to modern society.

That being said. He should have just posted something like this:

Arthur-Haters-Gonna-Hate.gif
No need to bring my weight in to this. I try :(

Bottom of Park Lane were on him like hounds on a limping fox yesterday after the fourth went in, almost as bad as they gave to Ashley C***. Pretty dangerous for the team if you start abusing your own players worse than the opposition's. Some of the fans during the last couple of years have really done their best to hack off the fans that will support the team no matter what and no matter who they are.

I was in the bottom Park Lane right next to where he conceded possession, aside from people shouting what you might expect I heard no one give him any personal bollocking, and, along with a number of others I stayed and clapped at the final whistle. I thought the fans were pretty good on the whole. I was a little disappointed at the reaction to going 3-2 down, only little pockets of fans singing, could have done with the whole stand getting behind the team.

I think twitter can be a great tool, but it's not for people that aren't internet savvy. In that trolling only works if they're given the oxygen of attention.

By the whats the odds all these cunts slagging Walker and any other of our players who hits some bad form, are the people who get most irate about a lack of loyalty from players to our club. The cunts need to grow up.

What's everyone's thoughts on him deleting his twitter?

I don't agree with people @ing him and abusing him but I think he needs to grow a pair and get on with it instead of running away.

He must have had it for weeks on end, the abuse, he wouldn't have just deleted his Twitter as a knee jerk reaction.
But look at the people who abused him, they don't look like WHL regulars.

Grow a pair?

Not at all. We all went nuts at the half time boo boys, but Walker should have to put up with personal abuse by our own?

Couldnt disagree more. The cunts on Twitter are the same cunts who whinge and whine on forums, and boo in the ground. The club is better off without them.
Of course the abuse is wrong but he's a professional footballer on thousands a week, he will always attract cunts wanting to abuse him when he has a bad game or 8. He must have known after the game he would be getting stick for another poor performance so why would he go on his twitter and look through his mentions? It just seems pretty stupid to me.

Whether he deletes his twitter or not, doesn't make any difference to the fact the people doing it are absolute cunts. That's the only impression I take from any of this.

I also can't help but think that the training and tactical emphasis of last year would have played to his strengths. Maybe a few more questions are being asked of him this season.

Theres a difference in getting your arse handed to you by your manager/team mates (which is only for the benefit of your development in the long term) and getting abused by cunts on a social networking site.

Granted he (and every other player) should be prepared for abuse, but theres still no excuse for it.

But then again football fans have always been knobheads - Beckham after World Cup 98 springs to mind.

Back
Top Bottom