Vs Leicester City Sunday 23rd July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I haven't noticed any such thread created yet, so here it is, looking forward to this one.

90583.png

Can anyone who thinks having Tanganga anywhere near the team is a decent idea stop being so stupid. Sanchez and Dier are much better options and I’d even rather have Rodon and that’s a disgusting thought.

WHU:

Spurs – First-half team (4-3-3): Vicario, Pedro Porro, Romero, Tanganga, Reguilon, Skipp, Bissouma, Maddison, Solomon, Kane (c), Kulusevski. Second-half team (4-3-3): Austin, Emerson, Davies, Sanchez, Udogie, Sarr, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Devine, Richarlison, Perisic. Substitutes (not used): Whiteman, White.

The preseason schedule gets a little wonky moving forward. Wonder how Ange plans to use the players. With only 3 days between Leicester and the next match, doubt we see 2 different XIs

The preseason schedule gets a little wonky moving forward. Wonder how Ange plans to use the players. With only 3 days between Leicester and the next match, doubt we see 2 different XIs
The match after Leicester is against a team from Singapore, he can comfortably use the backups there. I hope he give Richarlison 90 minutes and let him score like 15 goals to get his confidence up.

WHU:

Spurs – First-half team (4-3-3): Vicario, Pedro Porro, Romero, Tanganga, Reguilon, Skipp, Bissouma, Maddison, Solomon, Kane (c), Kulusevski. Second-half team (4-3-3): Austin, Emerson, Davies, Sanchez, Udogie, Sarr, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Devine, Richarlison, Perisic. Substitutes (not used): Whiteman, White.

31 players taken on the tour but only 22 used (each playing a half) but 9 players not used at all in the first match.

Every reason to expect to see another match with 11 starters but probably nobody completing the match so as to allow Ange to see most of the others not featuring in first match - especially with 3rd match on 26th (3 days later) so minimal rest/recuperation between 2nd and 3rd matches.

Ange might even rest the players who did well in first match (ie he's not going to learn more about them eg Bissouma) so they will be fresh and the core of the side to play in Singapore 3 days after Leicester.

And anyone playing more than 45 mins v Leicester probably will not play much part in the 3rd match.

I think we might see a line up close to our strongest for the first half against Leicester. Maybe even 60 mins then the rest will finish the game and play the most part against the sailors. Some might not get any minutes.

Back
Top Bottom