Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vinny is a warrior he's never hidden and he fights for everything I really like the guy and have since day one , don't think he'll ever be one of our best players but he will play his part he was fantastic tonight.
I think fans on social media should tag his official accounts and big him up. Help with the increased confidence.

Good for him today. He's making plays in his last few appearances and seems to be adapting to the level. He is still very much a work in progress, but hopefully his attitude and work ethic can provide further improvement. I think many on here overrate him, just as many underrate him. He has been nothing more than average, but there are signs of hope.

Edit: Yep, here come the people with Janssen's balls down their throat that can't be objective.

Last edited:
Today looked like the first game where he felt part of the winning team. When he has played before and we've won he hasn't been central to it, whereas today he made a very definite contribution and he looked very happy. I hope it does his confidence the world of good. I was pleased Poch didn't wait too long to put him on, he was exactly what we needed for this game. As good as Son is, he cannot fulfill that hold up roll with his back to goal. Against Watford he really ought to start.

I'm proud of Vincent in his past few showings. One of the things I like best about this club and our supporters is the value we put on players that continually try and fight, especially when things aren't going their way. I think that he's at least showing the determination to try to make this work and to prove his worth to the club and the fans.

I'm starting to get the same feeling about him that we saw from Lamela early on, and I hope that he has the same upward trajectory. Time will tell, of course, but I'm hoping this is the start of good things for him.

Does anybody think we could try playing Harry and Janssen together again? I think with it looking like Vincent is gaining more of a bond with the team and getting more of a feel for the PL that we could try the Janssen up top with Kane as part of the 2 or 3 behind him? It could get pretty sexy with Janssen holding up the ball and laying it off for Kane or Kane making a run to drag defenders away for Janssen to take shots.

Did well when he came on - apart from the sublime assist

Felt sorry for the sod when Alli shouted at him at the end - game was won already and he should have gone for goal but his lack confidence just confused him further

Good for him today. He's making plays in his last few appearances and seems to be adapting to the level. He is still very much a work in progress, but hopefully his attitude and work ethic can provide further improvement. I think many on here overrate him, just as many underrate him. He has been nothing more than average, but there are signs of hope.

Edit: Yep, here come the people with Janssen's balls down their throat that can't be objective.

Dude, if there's any spherical chocking going on, it, its down to the fact that this post literally sucks balls.

VJ turned the game for us. Credit where it's due or GTFO imo.

Loved his contribution. Still baffled why we don't buy goalscoring strikers...

It's not like we actively look for strikers who don't score goals though. He was the topscorer in Holland, previous to that we brought in Soldado who had a magnificent record in Spain.

The last striker we signed who you could honestly say was signed for other attributes than goalscoring was Crouch.

It's just that we've been very poor at scouting strikers for as long as I can remember. Remember that Batshuayi was our first choice this summer, but looking at how he's done at Chelsea we could've burned our fingers on him as well and for double the price.

Still think he'll be a great asset for us.

With Kane out he is the only one I would start 'up top'. Yes we need him to score more but last night shows what he gives us. Holds the ball up really well and completely changed the match for us. A much better option than Son when it comes to bringing others into the game. Nothing against Son but that just isn't his game...get him on a wing...

Does anybody think we could try playing Harry and Janssen together again? I think with it looking like Vincent is gaining more of a bond with the team and getting more of a feel for the PL that we could try the Janssen up top with Kane as part of the 2 or 3 behind him? It could get pretty sexy with Janssen holding up the ball and laying it off for Kane or Kane making a run to drag defenders away for Janssen to take shots.

Playing two strikers isn't fashionable anymore. Agree that It would be sexy as fuck though.

Playing two strikers isn't fashionable anymore. Agree that It would be sexy as fuck though.
Everything Poch does is sexy as fuck. Well everything except signing Sissoko; in the first minute yesterday he actually had a brilliant touch that all but created the first chance... then he decided to pass to a defended Son (I think) instead of having a go at it from what... 8 yards?

Everything Poch does is sexy as fuck. Well everything except signing Sissoko; in the first minute yesterday he actually had a brilliant touch that all but created the first chance... then he decided to pass to a defended Son (I think) instead of having a go at it from what... 8 yards?

:pocheyes:

On the edge of the box pretty much.

If he shot, you lot would be saying he should have passed to the open players would could have tapped it in.

Sissoko is trying, isn't making stupid errors - his defensive work was great yesterday, and he isn't exactly settled in a position or role with us. He'll go in the summer, but I just don't get why people have to nit pick

:pocheyes:

On the edge of the box pretty much.

If he shot, you lot would be saying he should have passed to the open players would could have tapped it in.

Sissoko is trying, isn't making stupid errors - his defensive work was great yesterday, and he isn't exactly settled in a position or role with us. He'll go in the summer, but I just don't get why people have to nit pick

Whether the shot was saved or not he should have taken the shot. I'd only complain if he launched it clear over the bar or was extremely wide right... Dele does that enough from close range.

Back
Top Bottom