Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he did well. Put himself about and kept their CB's occupied. He needs to stay more central imo. He looked less dangerous when he drifted out wide. Nowhere near 'Poch' fit yet.
It was the correct type of game for him. He battled well & gave their defence some issues. Then Son comes on when they were getting leggy. It was good management from Poch.

Agree he's not Poch fit yet. But he's worth a place in the squad going into next year. I think he will come good once he "gets it" (the Poch philosophy)

It was the correct type of game for him. He battled well & gave their defence some issues. Then Son comes on when they were getting leggy. It was good management from Poch.

Agree he's not Poch fit yet. But he's worth a place in the squad going into next year. I think he will come good once he "gets it" (the Poch philosophy)

I don't think so and I don't think Poch does either. Just not quite good enough for us and where we want to go. He looks like a very good Championship player but an average Premier League one. It's nothing to do with not getting Poch's philosophy. He's just short of too many things, mobility being the key one. He seems to have poor stamina as well.

Be interesting to see where he ends up. I doubt it'll be in England though. I just hope he gets the open play goal monkey off his back before he leaves. With Kane perhaps back in a couple of weeks his chances may be limited though.

I don't think so and I don't think Poch does either. Just not quite good enough for us and where we want to go. He looks like a very good Championship player but an average Premier League one. It's nothing to do with not getting Poch's philosophy. He's just short of too many things, mobility being the key one. He seems to have poor stamina as well.

Be interesting to see where he ends up. I doubt it'll be in England though. I just hope he gets the open play goal monkey off his back before he leaves. With Kane perhaps back in a couple of weeks his chances may be limited though.
:avbshit:

He didn't look out of place imo, and could easily have been Kane in the same position - he had a few good shots that were well saved, held the ball up well, and fought his heart out.

Only slight smear was Son coming on and scoring almost instantly. That's just down to match sharpness and positioning (which is partly to do with team familiarity). The main reason for that is because Son has had a season to calibrate, so no real reason why VJ couldn't do as well as Son has this year with some more practice and chances, but I don't think we'll see that given to him.

I think we'd be more positive about him if we'd paid £3m for him - but for the near-£20m cost, it's just hard to think we could be throwing away a title shot for the sake of being chummy about a player who is there to be scoring goals - which is what you expect for the difference between £3m and £20m, even if the latter is cheap for a striker these days.

Vincent Janssen is a 6'2 burly centre forward; Pritch is a midget creative wide player.....

33, perfect third choice for rotational purposes. Kane is the main man, nobody with great aspirations is going to join to play behind him in line. Finding a decent second choice is going to be tough, so further quality depth is going to require a degree of creativity from the club.

Would prefer Defoe to fill that role but I'm not sure Pocchettino would take him, and I can see him seeking to be someone's main #9 ahead of the World Cup. Bournmouth or a promoted Brighton are more likely.

They're a top-half club and would get the ball into him quickly and directly; that's exactly what he needs at the minute.
Huntelaar isn't even a starter at Schalke, bugger off

Huntelaar isn't even a starter at Schalke, bugger off

Making him a good 2nd/3rd choice option for depth; nobody starting for a decent club is going to voluntarily be vice-Kane, especially for a Levy salary.

Having a proper goalscorer to cover Kane's injury earlier in the season likely neutralises Chelsea's current 7 point advantage.

22 years old - 6ft full of muscle - 27 goals in the Dutch league last year: Poch said he ticks all the boxes and he still does. He seems to be gaining some confidence and battled well against Burnley - I think he ran himself into the ground and came off with cramp. So not match fit or sharp - will be good to see if Poch sticks with him Weds v Swans and Saturday v Watford. He just might come into some form at the right time for us.

:harryhmm: or he's a bit gotze
hqdefault.jpg

I thought he did fairly well against Burnley. Yes, Son scored and he didn't, but the counter attack suited Son. Playing in a slow build-up against a packed defense, I don't think Sonny could have made the chance that Vincent did for Ben Davies. He's not quite there yet, but does a lot of the things we need a forward to do for us against a team that parks the bus, and if he became more selfish and didn't come deep as much he'd probably get more scoring chances.

I would definitely think we should give him another year to see if improvement continues.

22 years old - 6ft full of muscle - 27 goals in the Dutch league last year:
Down Under - Men at Work
Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six-foot-four and full of muscles
I said, "do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said
I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover, yeah

Having a proper goalscorer to cover Kane's injury earlier in the season likely neutralises Chelsea's current 7 point advantage.

You mean instead of all the goals Son scored whilst coving for Kane at that time?

Why do you spend so much time here pretending to be an expert on spurs when you're a City fan?

You mean instead of all the goals Son scored whilst coving for Kane at that time?

Why do you spend so much time here pretending to be an expert on spurs when you're a City fan?

During his initial spell out, low/no scoring draws against Middlesbrough, West Brom and a struggling Leicester; potentially 6 points made up there. Having an orthodox goalscorer in the spell closes the gap significantly.

Thought he did well. He was obviously not 100% but still worked hard. Did a much better job staying central instead of chasing for the ball.

Hard to get a good read. We were sooooo shit in the first half.

His first touch still seems very heavy which worries me the most.

Back
Top Bottom