Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuinely hope he starts today so he can build some sort of momentum now that Kane is out indefinitely
It's posts like these that highlight you give zero fucks about Tottenham Hotspur and instead you support individual players that you've taken a liking too. Why on earth would Janssen deserve a start today over Son when Son has just scored a fucking hat trick in his last game.

It's posts like these that highlight you give zero fucks about Tottenham Hotspur and instead you support individual players that you've taken a liking too. Why on earth would Janssen deserve a start today over Son when Son has just scored a fucking hat trick in his last game.

Because, imo, it's important to learn from the experience with Soldado - a struggling striker needs confidence, and we should be striking whilst the iron is hot. Son can be a livewire, but he also needs the rest.

Alternatively, there's no reason why both can't start. But I think it's harsh to shoot down the suggestion that Janssen should start, as a confident Janssen could be vital to the next half a dozen games.

I'd have nothing against Janssen starting to be honest.

Personally, I'd even go with Son and Eriksen starting behind Janssen and Alli in central midfield alongside Wanyama - I know it's not ideal having Alli deeper but he still gets forward anyway, it's just up to someone else to fill in that spot whilst he runs beyond.

Janssen has absolutely no business at all relegating Dembele to the bench. Let's get real people, he scored a goal against a League 1 team with them already being 4-0 down. Great for him, hopefully it will give him some confidence going forward, but we have better players deserving to start at this point in time.

Janssen has absolutely no business at all relegating Dembele to the bench. Let's get real people, he scored a goal against a League 1 team with them already being 4-0 down. Great for him, hopefully it will give him some confidence going forward, but we have better players deserving to start at this point in time.

What need is the Dembele/Wanyama partnership against anyone other than the top 6? It's almost pointless.

You would hope so. I just always have the fear. But then, I remember saying that before Stoke and Everton.

We're a different animal at home. Away at Southampton? I'd understand Dembele/Wanyama. But at home? Don't think there would have been much problem having Alli beside Wanyama or even Winks alongside him. We are expected to dominate possession. It'd be great to do something with it from deep.

Think his shot today showed he is not low on confidence!
Great hold up play, think Poch will be pleased with what he done in killing the game off in the last 10 minutes, would love to see him get some actual mind utes in a game and have a few more shots when he does, has got a killer shot on him!

He definitely needed to come on earlier.

Thought he was very effective when he came on in the sense that he was winning us free kicks in places that allowed us to keep the ball and run the clock down. I would personally start him against Burnley, give him 60 minutes, then bring Son on (whether for him or not that's up to Pochettino) but I feel Son would be best served coming off the bench in that one.

It's no disrespect to the teams below the top 6 - I just feel Dembele/Wanyama is still very defensive.
I think it's fair to say without these two starting today we could have easily lost. That second half they dug in and worked fucking hard, I lost count of the times Dembele won possession of the ball today.

Back
Top Bottom