Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch, the supposed "champion of youth" and "expert t bringing through young plyers", looks at his bench, sees 19 year old Ollie Skipp, a player bursting with potential and thinks "Nope, bringing on a player who had a great season a few years ago, but can barely walk now...that's the ticket"

Champion of youth!!!

He came on moments before the equalizer, giving the ball away with a hospital pass to Kane.

Yeah, he was responsible for both goals. Terrible pass to set up the first and then not enough in his legs to come across and block Maddison for the winner. The first goal came 2 minutes after he came on and he was booked 2 minutes after that, being caught behind the play as he always is.

A mystifying and match-killing substitution. Poch put him on a plane to Brugge three weeks ago and now he’s the guy to run the midfield in a tough away game? I would love to ask Poch what he can offer at this point that Skipp can’t. Yes, maybe he has the best defensive instincts of our squad but if his legs don’t work that that means fuck all. I feel sorry for him, it’s embarrassing to watch him try and play at this level.

Yeah, he was responsible for both goals. Terrible pass to set up the first and then not enough in his legs to come across and block Maddison for the winner. He got booked virtually as soon as he came on after being caught behind the play, as he always is.

A mystifying and match-killing substitution. Poch put him on a plane to Brugge three weeks ago and now he’s the guy to run the midfield in a tough away game? I would love to ask Poch what he can offer at this point that Skipp can’t. Yes, maybe he has the best defensive instincts of our squad but if his legs don’t work that that means fuck all. I feel sorry for him, it’s embarrassing to watch him try and play at this level.
Dier looks done as well. The midfield looks a shambles as far as options go long term

Dier looks done as well. The midfield looks a shambles as far as options go long term

Dier at least as far as we know, hasn’t had a career threatening injury. He’s just had an unfortunate series of little things that have stopped him from maintaining his condition. Hopefully he can get back to a good level because we are badly missing someone with defensive instincts in the centre. Our current midfield doesn’t anticipate danger, they aren’t proactive in covering spaces and tracking people. All they do is react to being caught out.

Last edited:
Putting him on the pitch in a premier League match is a sackable offense on its own

I'd imagine he will start against Colchester and if so he will more than likely be ran ragged by a league 2 midfield

Such a shame we only had one season from him, he was the powerhouse that gave everybody else the freedom to play. But it has to be recognised that he is finished as a top Premier League player and be allowed to move on, whether we get a fee for him or not. He's not even a useful sub, let alone a 90 minute player. Poor Vic, but time catches up with all of us eventually.

Poch, the supposed "champion of youth" and "expert t bringing through young plyers", looks at his bench, sees 19 year old Ollie Skipp, a player bursting with potential and thinks "Nope, bringing on a player who had a great season a few years ago, but can barely walk now...that's the ticket"

Champion of youth!!!
haha so true. Seems to be too scared to bring through youth now

Back
Top Bottom