Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clearly not quite match fit. He looked leggy & off his usual game today. Agree with the consensus that he should have been hooked rather than Dier, even with Eric on a yellow. I think that was a mistake today. Normally Wanyama does not get caught in possession like that with a sloppy & high risk pass. But Hugo is at fault. Still think he was hasty launching it out like that & getting caught under his body at the near post was pretty amateurish for a keeper of his standing. Im not going full meltdown just yet, but that was fucking disappointing seeing as we gave a pretty good account of ourselves for the majority of the game. Better to get the errors out of the way early doors rather than at the business end, so I am optimistic overall for the season. Just wish it hadn't been our first game at Wembley cos you just know the hoodoo bollocks will be all over the news.

Out "for a few weeks". It's been fun, Vic.

:lamelashock::roseunsure::wanyama:

Don't say that, you aren't allowed to question the medical team round here unless you work in that profession.

Perfectly fine to question managerial decisions and footballing ability though despite not coaching a top team or playing at the highest level

Don't say that, you aren't allowed to question the medical team round here unless you work in that profession.

Perfectly fine to question managerial decisions and footballing ability though despite not coaching a top team or playing at the highest level

Nah, more the fact that you made cocksure statements on things that I, as a professional know is bollocks, and I called you out on it.

No biggie.

2 wins from 2 in the Champions League.
Sitting in 4th place.
1 loss in 9 games this season. (Wanyamas only start funnily enough, costing us the game)

I think Dier has been more than fine.
Sitting in 4th? Thats evidence that he is not important?
We've not won at wembley in the league this season..i can just as easily say that was down to Wanyama not playing going by your logic.

Sitting in 4th? Thats evidence that he is not important?
We've not won at wembley in the league this season..i can just as easily say that was down to Wanyama not playing going by your logic.

But then by that logic, I could easily say we haven't lost at Wembley this season when Wanyamas missing, whilst losing every time he has played..

Wanyama is great, but the team is more important than his presence in midfield. He isn't a massive loss. It's just a dent in our squad when he's missing.

"he's so crucial"

Erm, no.

Kane is crucial.

I think we've shown this season that he clearly isn't important....

But it'll be great to have him back.

Usually agree with you but I am going to have to politely disagree with you here.
Results tell a story but not the whole story, our win//loss ratio this season is great but we aren't playing with any fluidity and are struggling to break teams down.
Wanyama not being in midfield pushes Dier into that role. Dier is currently better than Sanchez as a CB and does not run with the ball nearly as often as Wanyama. Not having Dembele dribbling past the screening midfielders of the opposition is also causing us to lack penetration in the final third (Dier prefers to ping aerial long balls) and as a result, we are looking disjointed (particularly at Wembley where teams lock up shop).
Can't wait to get a midfield on Wanyama/Dembele back, push Dier into one of the three CB role's and free up Eriksen/Kane/Alli. Playing Eriksen deeper and starting Sissoko is a waste of his attacking talents.

Just my two cents.

But then by that logic, I could easily say we haven't lost at Wembley this season when Wanyamas missing, whilst losing every time he has played..

Wanyama is great, but the team is more important than his presence in midfield. He isn't a massive loss. It's just a dent in our squad when he's missing.

"he's so crucial"

Erm, no.

Kane is crucial.
You've been excelling yourself tonight with unsubstantiated opinions.
Danny Rose didn't meet up with the squad in USA? Zero basis for that. Confirmed. Well done.
Now VW missing is a mere dent in the squad...
Give it a rest fella.
Get back to that bank of TV screens & educate us about europes finest.
I love Dier to bits, but VW is the safest pair of hands in the manager's system. You have extolled VW over Dier on this very site. Make your mind up there. Is he invaluable or a squad player who isn't missed when he isn't in contention for a starting spot?. Please don't ask me to go back through your 20000 posts, but believe me, someone will if you persist with this shit.

I will give you "Kane is crucial". But that's not really rocket science is it?

Back
Top Bottom