Underrated!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who in your opinion is the most underrated player in our squad? Does a power of work,good work yet with the exception of us the support who knows what he does! But goes relatively unnoticed in the media,no big write ups,no headline grabbing yet as important as Kane,Dele my shout Dembele when he plays we look solid more stable in middle of the park if he stays fit from now til end of the season we have a chance of something good happening.

Who in your opinion is the most underrated player in our squad? Does a power of work,good work yet with the exception of us the support who knows what he does! But goes relatively unnoticed in the media,no big write ups,no headline grabbing yet as important as Kane,Dele my shout Dembele when he plays we look solid more stable in middle of the park if he stays fit from now til end of the season we have a chance of something good happening.

Moose for me too, seeing quite a lot now who would dump him for Winks.

In our squad? Lamela.

Never have I seen so much hate for a player who puts his shift in. I still think fans out there hate him because he cost £30,000,000 at the time and didn't pull in the goals and assists that warranted it.

Even late into last season he was getting haters, even though he was continuously the hardest working player and creating goals out of nothing. Optimised Spurs under Pochettino and I always thought we lost something whenever he was subbed off.

Even in the media, it's always they're missing Alderweireld, they're missing Rose, they're missing Kane but it's never theyre missing Lamela.

I think though that I've seen, particularly with fans of other clubs, that some of our players are getting praise they deserve. Walker and Rose mostly seeing as they were seen as jokes by others before, I think their England performances helped that as fans of other clubs are most likely to watch England than a Spurs game. Alot of other fans rate the likes of Dembele, Alli, Kane, Eriksen, Alderweireld etc from what I've seen.

Trippier.

I feel like he offers something different to Walker without the team looking any weaker.

How we got him for £3.5m I don't know - I also have no idea how he's never near the England squad, or linked to other teams for good money.

In our squad? Lamela.

Never have I seen so much hate for a player who puts his shift in. I still think fans out there hate him because he cost £30,000,000 at the time and didn't pull in the goals and assists that warranted it.

Even late into last season he was getting haters, even though he was continuously the hardest working player and creating goals out of nothing. Optimised Spurs under Pochettino and I always thought we lost something whenever he was subbed off.

Even in the media, it's always they're missing Alderweireld, they're missing Rose, they're missing Kane but it's never theyre missing Lamela.

I think though that I've seen, particularly with fans of other clubs, that some of our players are getting praise they deserve. Walker and Rose mostly seeing as they were seen as jokes by others before, I think their England performances helped that as fans of other clubs are most likely to watch England than a Spurs game. Alot of other fans rate the likes of Dembele, Alli, Kane, Eriksen, Alderweireld etc from what I've seen.
I don't know about this hating Lamela stuff you're on about. I haven't seen it since he came good last year. Now, if you want to talk about hate, then just look at Sissoko, but I believe you're on that hate bandwagon yourself.

And, to be honest, we aren't missing Lamela that much. Just look at our points total and scorelines. That's not to say that if he comes back in he won't help us out. But he's by no means an indispensable player. If anything, he's become a bit of a luxury...and then only if he can maintain his pre-injury form.

I don't know about this hating Lamela stuff you're on about. I haven't seen it since he came good last year. Now, if you want to talk about hate, then just look at Sissoko, but I believe you're on that hate bandwagon yourself.

And, to be honest, we aren't missing Lamela that much. Just look at our points total and scorelines. That's not to say that if he comes back in he won't help us out. But he's by no means an indispensable player. If anything, he's become a bit of a luxury...and then only if he can maintain his pre-injury form.

Everything Lamela does is under a microscope. You don't notice it because he hasn't played for 5 months. He would be moaned at for misplacing a pass, not scoring for 30 yards or not assisting that day. Some built up anger from his first season. I think our squad is missing Lamela, he's still better and more creative than almost every attacking option we have besides those who start.

I dislike Sissoko being played on the wing because I feel he's wasted out there. And we don't play in a way that would favour a winger. He's a central midfield at best and should play there only.

Vorm. I think he could walk into most Prem teams as keeper. Maybe as high up as Liverpool. But he is willing to be part of the squad, play the role asked of him and come in when called on and rarely ever put a foot wrong in two stints when Lloris has been injured - plus cup runs.

It is a shining example to the rest of the squad and to players who look in from the outside as potential targets and to kids etc that everyone in the squad has their role and is expected to execute it when necessary.

Son, he is an excellant finisher, knows where the goal is and works unselfishly for the team. He is judged on good and bad games whether he scores or not. He is much more tyan that. Today he didnt score but had an excellent game.

Do we care or should we care what the media think, its all baloney. We know Poch would not have any player who is a tosser. They are all performing well and giving it all, unlike the shite from N7 or is it N5 or N whatever?

Toby is criminally underrated in my opinion - if he was at the Arse instead of Koscielny or Chelsea instead of Cahill the media would non-stop call him the best centre back in the league.

Not even close in my opinion, the bloke is one of the best CBs I've seen ever. Shades of Ledley King, he is crazy good.

The player most underrated by the media is Dembele for me, I think he is one of if not the best central midfielder in the league along with the likes of Kante and Pogba.

By our fans I think probably Sonny, he can be a bit hit and miss at times but he's very effective at what he does and is one of our most dangerous players.

It's the whole team that is underrated. Nobody sticks out - that's how it should be.

And if I can only pick one, it's Wanyama. I have much respect for him. The work he puts in for us is immense. He knew Pochettino's training regime and still joined us last summer. There are many players who probably feel too "professional" to put in a double training session a day.

Back
Top Bottom