UEFA Champions League - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Similarly, Europa/Conference League teams will no longer get picked for the Sunday lunchtime slot after a Thursday night game - those matches will moved to Sunday 7pm instead, starting with Everton vs Man Utd. Not sure about that from a fan's perspective though...
7pm Sunday can absolutely fuck off. Awful time for a match.

7pm Sunday can absolutely fuck off. Awful time for a match.
I think it is an excellent idea , 20.50 finish . Cup of tea followed by Woolwich fans whinging how it is bad enough listening to opposition fans singing YNWA, but Sunday evening kick offs is a global conspiracy against them.
Obviously outrageous when we have to play one of the Europa League minnows at that time.

I'm usually about ready to call the samaritans round about that time on a Sunday. Not sure I could cope with a Spurs defeat as well. No such problem for us this year thankfully.
Imagine leaving the ground after a defeat. It's raining. Then your Sunday service train home is cancelled. I'd be home about midnight and I only live in Hertfordshire. Need to be up in a few hours for work for a new full week. Torrid.

Thankfully I don't think we'll have any of the Sunday 7pms this season. United is midweek home and away, Woolwich away is already scheduled with the home game in January not around any European times, and West Ham away is midweek too. In theory if West Ham come second in their ECL group then it could happen for the home game against them, but I'm sure it'd be given the 2pm slot or something instead - plod would hate the idea of 7pm, with the potential for all day drinking, even more than we would!

Courtesy SpursBoy1973

Do we win the group if:?

Spurs beat Sporting
Frankfurt beat Marseille

That would be:
Spurs 10
Frankfurt 7
Marseille 6
Sporting 6

Regardless of the last fixtures cause we’ve drawn and won against Frankfurt on head to head if Frankfurt beat Sporting in last game?

Courtesy SpursBoy1973

Do we win the group if:?

Spurs beat Sporting
Frankfurt beat Marseille

That would be:
Spurs 10
Frankfurt 7
Marseille 6
Sporting 6

Regardless of the last fixtures cause we’ve drawn and won against Frankfurt on head to head if Frankfurt beat Sporting in last game?
Big if on Frankfurt beating Marseille

Be amazing, we really need to win group. Gives a great chance of last 8

Anyone else get the email from Spurs about Marseille away?

For security reasons, supporters attending the match will be required to use a dedicated shuttle service from a nominated city location directly to the stadium. The departure point is expected to be confirmed by French authorities within the next fortnight. A return shuttle service will transport supporters back to the same location after the match.

Supporters are advised not to visit the Old Port (Vieux Port) area of Marseille, not to wear anything that will identify themselves as Tottenham Hotspur supporters and to ensure they have valid travel insurance.

Gonna be pwopa naughty innit!

:nawty::wansum:

Anyone else get the email from Spurs about Marseille away?

For security reasons, supporters attending the match will be required to use a dedicated shuttle service from a nominated city location directly to the stadium. The departure point is expected to be confirmed by French authorities within the next fortnight. A return shuttle service will transport supporters back to the same location after the match.

Supporters are advised not to visit the Old Port (Vieux Port) area of Marseille, not to wear anything that will identify themselves as Tottenham Hotspur supporters and to ensure they have valid travel insurance.

Gonna be pwopa naughty innit!

:nawty::wansum:
Yep thats about the most severe warning I've ever seen before an away trip from the club.

No point relying on the French police for anything

Back
Top Bottom