UEFA Champions League - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 12 teams to have qualified for the Champions League last 16 are:
  • Bayern Munich*
  • Benfica
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Chelsea*
  • Club Brugge
  • Inter
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City*
  • Napoli
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Porto
  • Real Madrid
*Qualified for last 16 as group winners

Barcelona and Sevilla are the only two sides confirmed to finish third, meaning they will play in February's Europa League knockout play-offs.
Juventus and Atletico Madrid are among the teams who could join them.

GROUP D​

November 1: Sporting v Frankfurt, Marseille v Tottenham

All teams can still qualify.
It’s advantage Tottenham, who are the only club that know victory will guarantee top.
Marseille are two points back but know they will qualify for the last 16 if they beat Spurs, who are guaranteed to advance with a draw.
Sporting’s match with Frankfurt is essentially a straight shootout with both clubs one point behind Spurs. Sporting will qualify if they avoid defeat, however, due to their superior head-to-head record.

GROUP A​

November 1: Liverpool v Napoli, Rangers v Ajax
Liverpool and Napoli are already through to the last 16, iAjax finish third so long as they do not lose to Rangers by five or more goals.
Napoli are currently top, and Liverpool can only leapfrog them if they beat the Italian club by four or more goals at Anfield on Tuesday night.

GROUP B​

November 1: Porto v Atletico Madrid, Leverkusen v Club Brugge
Club Brugge and Porto are through, with Atletico Madrid unable to reach the last 16.
Club Brugge need to at least match Porto’s result in the final match to qualify for the last 16 in first. Atletico need to match or better Leverkusen’s result to reach the Europa League

GROUP C

November 1: Bayern Munich v Inter, Plzen v Barcelona

This group is done and dusted, with Barcelona out of the group stages again and dropping down to the Europa League.
Bayern Munich are group winners, with Inter runners-up.

GROUP E​

November 2: Chelsea v Dinamo Zagreb, Milan v RB Salzburg
Chelsea are already through
as group winners, meaning Milan’s clash with RB Salzburg is the one to watch. Milan will qualify if they avoid defeat, but Salzburg know victory will send them through as runners-up.

Milan would be quite a sexy draw and I reckon we could handle them.

Just want to avoid the English teams tbh, despite league position, I'd say we have better chances against Madrid and Bayern than Chelsea and Liverpool.

That late goal was definitely huge. Difference between the first place teams vs second place teams looks massive right now. Ultimately, the WC and time between now and the knock out stages means who knows WTF will happen. Will be like a new tournament. Just glad to still be in it!

Milan would be quite a sexy draw and I reckon we could handle them.

Just want to avoid the English teams tbh, despite league position, I'd say we have better chances against Madrid and Bayern than Chelsea and Liverpool.
cant get english sides till 1/4 final. id fancy us against liverpool, plus we owe them one...

cant get english sides till 1/4 final. id fancy us against liverpool, plus we owe them one...
Yeah not being clear - I meant all the way through.

Easier to go

Inter - Bayern - PSG - Madrid

Euro - Chelsea - Liverpool - City

I reckon. No science behind it, just feel like our style hasn’t served us will against other top English teams, but will do well with euros

The 12 teams to have qualified for the Champions League last 16 are:
  • Bayern Munich*
  • Benfica
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Chelsea*
  • Club Brugge
  • Inter
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City*
  • Napoli
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Porto
  • Real Madrid
*Qualified for last 16 as group winners

Barcelona and Sevilla are the only two sides confirmed to finish third, meaning they will play in February's Europa League knockout play-offs.
Juventus and Atletico Madrid are among the teams who could join them.
Nicer formatting, not such a fan of your squad list formats, but appreciate the effort on all such lists you do.

Yeah not being clear - I meant all the way through.

Easier to go

Inter - Bayern - PSG - Madrid

Euro - Chelsea - Liverpool - City

I reckon. No science behind it, just feel like our style hasn’t served us will against other top English teams, but will do well with euros
the only sides i worry about is PSG, city and bayern. the rest i think we can hold our own against.

we have a good record against city but they just have sheer quality everywhere and now have added a beast up front so well see how it goes. PSG's attack scares me, considering how poor our defence is. imagine mbappe and neymar running at dier and davies? i mean a past it sanchez left davies for dead yesterday, thank god for perisic reading the situation. bayern bashed us up last time, just quicker and more efficient all over the pitch.

but who knows. we haven't really seen our actual best 11 much, when we did it was pretty electric.

Last year:

This year:

Some of the anecdotes in the aftermath are absolutely disgusting... 3-4 hours without water in ultra hot conditions.... Stadium bars running out of water......

Other recent gems:

Wembley faced ‘unprecedented’ public disorder at Euro final, says FA

(Punished the FA even though it was UEFA's gig.)

I would say how long before people start to die due to their incompetence and ignorant greed, but:

Some of the anecdotes in the aftermath are absolutely disgusting... 3-4 hours without water in ultra hot conditions.... Stadium bars running out of water......

/[/URL]

This happened to us in 2019 in Madrid.

Thankfully I'd got a bottle before the match but nothing available just before KO or at half time. Horrific in what was 35c heat

Back
Top Bottom