UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How'd Ajax get on? :allitongue:
They'll be playing the legendary Getafe at their red hot cauldron, the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez

BFgrI10CUAIQkeA.jpg:large

The two men and a dog at the bottom there are their Ultras.

It's a shame that the Bundesliga, which generally gets things bang on in respect to running a league without fucking over the fans, has become infected by such an aberration. I can understand the MLS having a Red Bull team, but in a country with such a strong pedigree they stick out like a sore thumb. Leipzig are rightly hated in Germany.

No idea what their fans are doing following such a club.
To be fair to them, since the fall of the wall football in Leipzig had completely cratered and died. They hadn't had a Bundesliga team in the area since '94 or even a team above the semi-pro level since '99.

Red bull stepped in and took a region devoid of meaningful football and gave them a club that's at the top of the domestic league. Like Citeh supporters who were there before the takeover, I doubt their fans give two fucks about what anyone thinks of it.

Do these have power and pace up front? Pace is the thing that worries me most, its the thing we struggle most with.

I'm not so worried about a press as Mourinho will play around that by bypassing midfield.

The draw could have been a lot worse, I just hope our fans don't think this one is going to be easy, because it really isn't. Particularly with the 2nd leg in Germany.

Do these have power and pace up front? Pace is the thing that worries me most, its the thing we struggle most with.

I'm not so worried about a press as Mourinho will play around that by bypassing midfield.

The draw could have been a lot worse, I just hope our fans don't think this one is going to be easy, because it really isn't. Particularly with the 2nd leg in Germany.
Time Werner is their main threat I think, it’s a decent draw, could have been worse but they are top of the Bundesliga just now.

Valencia outplayed Real and deserved to win, and Atalanta are a very pleasent side to watch, and Gasperini is one of the good guys in football. I bet todd1882 todd1882 is flying though :dembelelol:
On paper I guess it's a good draw for them but I've not seen Atalanta this season so don't really know. I believe there were worse potential draws so I'm happy about this one. Still a little down about the result and manner of yesterday's game though.

Usual reaction after a cup draw. Glad to miss the big clubs but then the doubts and worries kick in and realise not as easy as first thought. No such thing as an easy match in CL knock out stage but could have been much worse.

It's a shame that the Bundesliga, which generally gets things bang on in respect to running a league without fucking over the fans, has become infected by such an aberration. I can understand the MLS having a Red Bull team, but in a country with such a strong pedigree they stick out like a sore thumb. Leipzig are rightly hated in Germany.

Nothing old money hates more than new money.

: ostrich:
Did you switch off after 89 minutes? You know we won right? Against a team that had only lost at home once(?) this season. A team who beat City 2-0?
Yeah, was referring to the Valencia-RM game with the even better/worse, depending on perspectives, ending.

So many chants/song opportunities to sing to the Red Bull 'fans'

..."shit Dr Pepper, you're just a shit
Dr. Pepper!"
..."we all agree, Pepsi is better than Red Bull"
..."Red Bull? I'd rather drink my own piss!"
(ok, not a chant as such, just a bold statement!)

So many chants/song opportunities to sing to the Red Bull 'fans'

..."shit Dr Pepper, you're just a shit
Dr. Pepper!"
..."we all agree, Pepsi is better than Red Bull"
..."Red Bull? I'd rather drink my own piss!"
(ok, not a chant as such, just a bold statement!)
Surely we can come up with a song about our own energy drink sponsor, Monster?

Back
Top Bottom