UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's a GCSE? I only remember 'O' levels. Proper exams mind you, not like today.
'O' levels were GCSE's ... General Certificate Of Secondary Education. I had 7 in total, 6 in Mathematics and 4 in English.
Then you had CSE's ... Certificate of Secondary Education. In my days I believe a grade 1 CSE pass was equivalent to a grade 5 'O' level pass.
Anything below these and you had a choice of either going up a chimney, serving as a deckhand on a slave ship or Newgate prison... ahhh Happy Days :thumbup:

'O' levels were GCSE's ... General Certificate Of Secondary Education. I had 7 in total, 6 in Mathematics and 4 in English.
Then you had CSE's ... Certificate of Secondary Education. In my days I believe a grade 1 CSE pass was equivalent to a grade 5 'O' level pass.
Anything below these and you had a choice of either going up a chimney, serving as a deckhand on a slave ship or Newgate prison... ahhh Happy Days :thumbup:
Not even close. No offence mate but I think Mrs. Thatch herself told employers that there was a devaluation in the currency that was the 'O' level. about 0.498 if I remember rightly :allitongue:
There is the slim possibility that my memory isn't what it was. Unlikely but slim.

Thought that Partizan supporters were Serbian as well. Eriksen is you best player apart from Kane si please do not play him. Make sure that Rose, Sissoko. Aurier and Winks are in the starting line up
Da fuq?? I see that the claims of racism have not been overblown...

Nah mate, the Everton boys all went into to console him after the game, they wouldn't have done that if they thought he had gone out to hurt Gomes. When he wraps his head around it he will realise it wasn't his fault.
I thought that was very decent of them to do that.

Poch just needs to get him back in the plane asap to use a Top Gun reference.
respect to the Everton players,most of them and their fans are ok. Remember the game before the CL Final they. were singing about havin a party when Tottenham win the cup. If only

Poch is being funny today

FFS, I think I'm Poch in, but nonsense like that really does make him seem sackable, doesn't it?

In other news: a spouse who's breaking up with you is particularly committed in the month before the lease on your shared flat ends, right?
:pocheyes:

It doesn't look much better on video either. Some very chippy responses by Poch to perfectly reasonable questions: one specific exchange being when journalists were asking about who had travelled with the squad and why.

Commited? Maybe. But it’s a difference between commitment and performance and Eriksen’s performance has dropped drastically. However, I do not expect Poch to say that Eriksen is shit or in poor form, he has never trashed a player in public.
He did it to Sessegnon last week for fucks sake.

No one should give into racism but it will be there. I trust Sissoko and the others not to let it affect them but Rose? He is playing badly enough without that to contend with and if Davies can play again he should. It is not a matter of giving in but picking the team best able to cope. This post is a risk as many will disagree but with Rose's history should we expose him to this threat is my angle. It is a bit like Aurier was subbed yesterday Not because he had anything to do with the injury but because he could not play properly because he was affected by it. If Son had got a yellow card he would have to be subbed as well.
Aurier should not even be at our club....... he is the worst defender in the history of our club.... utter utter crap.

Thought that Partizan supporters were Serbian as well. Eriksen is you best player apart from Kane si please do not play him. Make sure that Rose, Sissoko. Aurier and Winks are in the starting line up
You're losing all the friends you made here for the 1st leg.....

I have a cunning plan...

Name Eriksen in starting XI

Hypnotise him to do the Albanian eagle gesture on hearing the CL anthem

Watch as hordes of crazed Serbs run on to pitch and beat him to a lifeless pulp

Match abandoned, 0-3 win recorded. Goal differencetastic

Claim on insurance

Win-win

TELEMMGLPICT000167268567_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqTpQNkEsZM9dtjYvDPpd1c1ZP8WjLaIaubKgrzCsV7p4.jpeg
You've been watching Blackadder haven't you....come on, own up!

The only sport I can relate to such a situation seriously affecting a person in is boxing. It's a thin line between going out there and deliberately trying to knock somebody out and actually causing them serious brain damage. Should the boxer responsible continue to fight there surely has to be that nano second of delay before he throws another 'knockout' blow.

I think the sooner Son is allowed to visit Gomes in hospital and they discuss the matter amicably, with an apology from Son and it being (hopefully) gracefully accepted by Gomes, the sooner both can draw a line under the incident and move on.
The Quiet Man......2nd favourite movie.

Back
Top Bottom