U18 v MUFC WHL Mon 9th Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manchester United had a bunch of huge impressive looking athletes but we were miles ahead in terms of skill. Absolutely incredible amounts of ability from some of our boys. Was really fun to finally watch in person.

Our center halves impressed me a lot. Minus their ridiculous free kick, Maghoma and Carter-Vickers snuffed out everything. Manchester United barely had a chance. They are also both hugely impressive athletes.

Walker-Peters was unplayable in the second half. So good carrying the ball and his pass for Georgiou's second was phenomenal. Really good 1 v. 1 defender. He's so small though, not just in height but his legs are so skinny. A couple of the United hit him tonight and he went flying. Going to need to spend a lot of time in the weight room the next few years but if he bulks up, watch out.

Azzaoui is so silky on the ball, was drawing some oohs and ahs in the first half. Was quieter in the second half but still had a great chipped finish for his goal.

Marcus Edwards is going to be incredible. During halftime he was out warming up and his touch is absolutely immaculate. Such incredible control of the ball and makes it look effortless. Really hope he can grow 3-4 inches even though he could be good enough to overcome being tiny. Couldn't stop watching him just kicking it about at halftime, he's that skilled.

Amos actually really impressed me and I hadn't heard much about him. Shielded the back line well and moves the ball quickly and accurately when he wins it.

Onomah will be with the first team soon. Carries the ball so confidently and can make all the passes. Just effortlessly glides around the field. Good stuff.

It's hard to imagine we won't see a few more academy graduates in our team the next couple of seasons.

Great little write-up, agree with much of what you've said.

Cracking night despite relatively low turn-out. Thought we'd get a few more involved with the stand-up, sit down, stand-up chants but alas they weren't interested. Shame! It wasn't Dagenham levels, but it was still a good laugh.

I'd be so tempted to do Nottingham but I don't think I've got enough annual leave left.

For anyone interested I was the dashingly good looking fella (definitely better than SpursLegend SpursLegend ) with the grey jumper, beard and slicked back hair.

Definitely wouldn't be adverse to a trip to Nottingham.

Beards are so 17th century. No one would have one unless the next bloke did. And a good looking bloke wouldn't need one - except for a disguise. What next - big puffy sleeves and tights? No - don't answer that.

Back
Top Bottom