Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it is a matter of bringing him on at the right time. If we are leading in a match then do not bring him on with say 15 mins left. However if losing and we are trying to get an equaliser he will get the ball pumped up to him and convert one and he will be a hero.

Exactly. He was given a chance, at 16. Brazilian football is tough but he was thrown in and proved himself to be capable

Its not the age, it's not the experience, it's all about the individual. But you can't know about the individual until he is given the chance. Tanganga has no more men's football experience than Parrott but he has come in and shown he can cope. There really is nothing to lose in giving young players a chance at any level of football

As long as physically and mentally they have shown you they can cope.

Physical risk can’t be overlooked.
To me he looks more 19-20 than 17 so I don’t think that’s as much as a concern. (I have coached under 16-23s quite a lot and step up at our level is massive. Step5

And at elite level Premier league CBs are big and tough guys who are very savvy.

Can only imagine they are more concerned about the mental aspect?? Is he ready. But he’s played for Eire......

Or fact he’s looking for a move away..... but pure guesswork that one.

Has to be said Parrott contract issue may be the cause of lack of minutes to date if he’s not signing the professional terms being put in front of him.

At least that’s one reason why he’s being kept at the club right now and not loaned out as well.

Parrott signed a 2 year contract last year on his 17th birthday - the maximum length contract he can sign under UK law and the earliest he can sign one.

He cannot sign a longer contract until he is 18 on 4 February (about 2 weeks away) so at the moment he cannot have refused to sign a contract.

Parrott signed a 2 year contract last year on his 17th birthday - the maximum length contract he can sign under UK law and the earliest he can sign one.

He cannot sign a longer contract until he is 18 on 4 February (about 2 weeks away) so at the moment he cannot have refused to sign a contract.

Again as I have stated just quoting what Jose said. I have no part in any contract talks of any player at Spurs

To be clear I have no idea what is going on and pure guesswork on my part.

I am a (social) media (expensive) whore.

That Martinelli is doing ok isn't he. 18 years old.

There is no point in holding young players back. Give them the chance, if they are good enough they will flourish. But they have to be given opportunities

A lot will be determined by how they train. How do we know that Parrott trains at the same level as Martinelli. We don’t. And you should not be anywhere near the first time if you don’t train hard enough, while showing ability to compete.

I think we would all love to see Parrott be the next big thing, but there is a hint of Marcus Edwards here, less the shell suit and flash motor. Let’s also be completely honest. Jose would play his mum if he thought she would lead the line correctly, while a silly point, it’s always worth remembering that no coach is ever going to not play someone they think will be positively contributing.

That Martinelli is doing ok isn't he. 18 years old.

There is no point in holding young players back. Give them the chance, if they are good enough they will flourish. But they have to be given opportunities
Poch hardly gave him game Parrott time did he, still, I expect he's matured beyond his years in the weeks since he left...

Who knows maybe Jose may give Parrott the game time and he may well flourish in the future so the next guy can take the credit......

Like a repeat of Tim and Kane..........

I understand the idea behind homegrown quotas, but some of the dynamics around it are just stupid.
I don't think HG comes into it.
It's just inconvenient that his birthday comes just a few days after the window closes.
I'm sure if his new contract was already signed and sealed he would be getting a loan.

I don't think HG comes into it.
It's just inconvenient that his birthday comes just a few days after the window closes.
I'm sure if his new contract was already signed and sealed he would be getting a loan.

Don't know how it really is in this case. But generally in english football this HG is doing more bad than good, I would say. Especially the good teams that have HG players on their roosters who are just backup and starters costing absurd amounts.

Don't know how it really is in this case. But generally in english football this HG is doing more bad than good, I would say. Especially the good teams that have HG players on their roosters who are just backup and starters costing absurd amounts.
We are producing the best talent in an age (mostly at the top end) so perhaps this is the positive impact. Look at how much the good clubs are investing in their training academy, this must be linked.

Back
Top Bottom