Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

uuwwsg8rjc201.jpg
what do these percentages relate to and how do they work them out?

Apparently the draw for the Round of 16 is rigged and has already been leaked, I will put this in spoilers for people who would rather wait until the draw but apparently in the Round of 16 we will be facing...

i5axza.png

Taking a look at who we could draw, this is my order of preference:
Bayern - I'd love to draw Bayern, they'd probably beat us but maybe not. The toughest draw we could get.
Juventus - Would love this fixture, although they are a bigger team I think we'd beat them and I would like to progress so I hope this is the draw we get.
Sevilla - Would be a nice draw. Winnable but decent enough opposition.
Basel - wouldn't be a bad draw, we'd be favorites but I actually think Basel are quite good and I'd prefer to play a bigger team.
Porto - Would be ok, but not as glamorous as some other ties.
Shakhtar - I always want to avoid this kind of fixture because of the distance and although they are not a bad team I'd rather draw a bigger name.

Taking a look at who we could draw, this is my order of preference:
Bayern - I'd love to draw Bayern, they'd probably beat us but maybe not. The toughest draw we could get.
Juventus - Would love this fixture, although they are a bigger team I think we'd beat them and I would like to progress so I hope this is the draw we get.
Sevilla - Would be a nice draw. Winnable but decent enough opposition.
Basel - wouldn't be a bad draw, we'd be favorites but I actually think Basel are quite good and I'd prefer to play a bigger team.
Porto - Would be ok, but not as glamorous as some other ties.
Shakhtar - I always want to avoid this kind of fixture because of the distance and although they are not a bad team I'd rather draw a bigger name.

Basel or Juventus for me. A chance for revenge against Basel or a great tie against Juve.

Looking beyond our own draw, surely this season will provide the best evidence ever as to whether there should be a mid-season break in the Premier League? When the Champions League resumes, some teams will have have had a break and some won't.

So who’s it going to be from the possible 5
Juve or Bayern?

:pochunimpressed:
Man U will get Shaktar
City Sevilla/Basel
Liverpool Porto/Basel
Chelsea Besiktas

Just watch.

Last edited:
Want the easiest possible. We may have beaten Real Madrid but instead of the book, it is now stated that it is the massive effort of beating Real Madrid etc in CL that has contributed to the poor league form. Could well be some truth in that and get Bayern and our league form will suffer again.

If we would have come in 2nd in the group

Am I correct in thinking that we couldn’t play 3 of the 7 possibles and would have either
PSG - top of the league
Barca -top of the league
Besiktas -4th
Roma- 4th

As it stands we have
Juve- 3rd
Bayern- top,of the league
Porto - top of the league
Basel -2nd
Shaktar - top of the league

Is there really much difference ( Barca of course yet Bayern have been in 2 more finals) except for the home tie second, and does that really have an advantage?
Interesting enough maybe not at all
Champions League knockout stage betting

Last edited:
12/13 was a bad season and Basel felt like the start of the tailspin... Still very salty about that one, I'd like to fucking smash them.

Back
Top Bottom