Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy Akinfeev Champions League Clean Sheet Day everyone!

igor-akinfeev-igor-akinfeev_3366428.jpg

Only took 11 years

Was thinking last night whilst washing the pots.

I think i am more concerned about which English team we are likely to draw in the quarters if we make it through than i am about who we play in the last 16.

We're owed a decent draw thats for sure, but would probably rather go out in the last 16 to Juve or Bayern than i would go out to Chelsea over two legs in the Quarters.

I don't think my fragile psyche could handle that.

giphy.gif

(of course knocking Chelsea out in the quarters would be...

giphy.gif
)

To win CL need to beat 4 teams in knockout phase. Odds on any team winning it will be lower if they draw all of PSG , Barcelona, Real Madrid and another tough team on way to final. Better if they draw a couple of lesser teams and then get only 2 of the top rated teams. I prefer to see Real Madrid getting say Man City and Bayen getting say PSG. This eliminates a couple of good teams and improves our chances if we get say Basle in the next round. The further we get in the competition the more money we make and our co efficient increases helping us in future years.

Seriously, Basel ticks all the boxes imo. Hopefully no banana skin, and could drive out there to make a week in the mountains.

QF, I'd love to get Besiktas. Fantastic club and a Istanbul is such a great city.

Basically I should just work my hols around CL draws and hope that we don't get CSKA.

To win CL need to beat 4 teams in knockout phase. Odds on any team winning it will be lower if they draw all of PSG , Barcelona, Real Madrid and another tough team on way to final. Better if they draw a couple of lesser teams and then get only 2 of the top rated teams. I prefer to see Real Madrid getting say Man City and Bayen getting say PSG. This eliminates a couple of good teams and improves our chances if we get say Basle in the next round. The further we get in the competition the more money we make and our co efficient increases helping us in future years.

Can't disagree with that though I rate Basle, think it's the kind of game we could lose because they'd be the underdogs.

Feel like we could match anyone in Europe but as soon as we face united, city or Chelsea we're fucked.

Not necessarily, think how bad we played at Old Trafford yet we only lost 1-0, that isn't a bad result away in Europe considering how well we played at home against Madrid, Dortmund or Liverpool.

I agree on City as I feel they could blow us away at Etihad, the others two not so much.

Back
Top Bottom