Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are City and United in Pot 2 and us 3??

Are seedings based on transfer spending??
All teams, except for champions in pot 1, are ranked and divided into pots according to their coefficient (which in turn depends on their performance in Europe in the last 5 seasons, if I'm not mistaken). Correct me if I'm wrong... :sonhmm:

All teams, except for champions in pot 1, are ranked and divided into pots according to their coefficient (which in turn depends on their performance in Europe in the last 5 seasons, if I'm not mistaken). Correct me if I'm wrong... :sonhmm:

I believe you are correct. The coefficient is really what i'm asking about.
How are City higher than us??
If I remember rightly its European games that count rather than the competition.
So Europa games are equally valid.

Since the country multiplier is the same then surely we would be higher??

Seeded: Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Benfica, Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Monaco, Spartak Moscow

Pot 2: Barcelona, Atletico, Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, Sevilla, Man City, FC Porto, Man United

Pot 3: Napoli, Tottenham, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Anderlecht, Roma, Besiktas, Liverpool or Celtic

Pot 4: Celtic or Hoffenheim, Feyenoord, NK Maribor, RB Leipzig, plus the four other qualifiers.

I believe you are correct. The coefficient is really what i'm asking about.
How are City higher than us??
If I remember rightly its European games that count rather than the competition.
So Europa games are equally valid.

Since the country multiplier is the same then surely we would be higher??
There's extra points for being in the Champions League and for reaching its knockout rounds, and our European performances have been shockingly bad.

I would like Barca, Moscow and Celtic.

The glamour tie along with 2 sides we should be beating, however the Celtic tie I am sure would be a great away day as well as being very atmospheric at Wembley.

2 good EL runs in the last 3 years would have comfortably put us in pot 2 this season. That's the price you pay for looking down on EL competition.
or you can take it dead seriously and come sixth in the league............
We have to cut our coat according to our cloth, as ManUre found out last season - and look at the size of their financial resources, in comparison with ours.

or you can take it dead seriously and come sixth in the league............
We have to cut our coat according to our cloth, as ManUre found out last season - and look at the size of their financial resources, in comparison with ours.
It was their transitional season and had a makeshift defense, midfield and attack. Apart from few individuals, they rarely had enough quality. With our settled side last season, we were more equipped than United to challenge for league, FAC and EL.

If we strengthen properly this summer, we have no excuses not to compete on all fronts this season.

i would love Real, PSG, Roma. Then Barca next round :) Real are the best team in Europe, would be incredible to watch and epic to beat them! PSG would love to see Neymar in action (lack of action vs Tobay & Jan :)) & I support Roma in the Italian league (family ties). I would hate the "on paper" easy group, had that last year and still didn't progress.

Back
Top Bottom