Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I god damn love it. Most of us aren't blind man. This is the Group of Death and we're facing an uphill battle here.

But playing in the Champion's League means glory nights against the biggest teams in the world. Glory doesn't mean begging for the easiest draw.
Nothing wrong with just saying fuck it and let's go out in a blaze of glory etc, whilst still acknowledging the slim odds. But the way people react to me all hive mind like whenever I point out that we aren't exactly world beaters, just comes across as fanatical denial about the reality of the situation. And like I said before, these same people would make fun of say Woolwich or Liverpool fans for the exact same thing.

You don't have to be a drunken happy clapper to be a proper fan, some people just naturally tend to take a more realistic or cautious approach with these things.

While you have to admire Dortmund's pedigree and some of their first team options, I don't think they're much better man-for-man than us. I'd say we'd merit being joint 2nd favorites with the biggest issue being that if Madrid win most/all of their fixtures before the last group games then they could rest players at home to Dortmund.

OK, so RM are going to be tough to beat, but Dortmund just sold their best player. I think we have a solid chance of going through in second-place, at least.

LLB Part Deux makes a good point, thought. If Real rest some players against Dortmund, that could strengthen their position, but couldn't they also rest players against us? I haven't seen the fixtures, so maybe that isn't likely.

:dembelewtf:

Nothing wrong with just saying fuck it and let's go out in a blaze of glory etc, whilst still acknowledging the slim odds. But the way people react to me all hive mind like whenever I point out that we aren't exactly world beaters, just comes across as fanatical denial about the reality of the situation. And like I said before, these same people would make fun of say Woolwich or Liverpool fans for the exact same thing.

You don't have to be a drunken happy clapper to be a proper fan, some people just naturally tend to take a more realistic or cautious approach with these things.
Realistic and cautious is fine. Perpetual negativity is not. Too many claim the latter but do the former.

Last edited:

You may wish to know that Madrid's game against Appoel on 13 Sept is now listed, though General Sale isn't open until Sept 1. Madridistas can get a ticket a day earlier. So it's still like I said, they're going on sale 13-14 days before matchday.
Price-wise, Appoel starts at €25 but that reflects the fact that there won't be massive interest in it. Madrid play Valencia on Sunday, that'll probably be our price band. They cost €50-€115 behind the goals and €65-€185 on the sides

It was in response to someone having a go at the draw, using sarcasm to highlight the point that it's a great draw.
:adethumbup:

-Nailed-it-MEME-Funny-Pictures.jpg

I'd like to see Son playing in Allis position in 3-4-2-1 formation. His pace in the CAM position running off Kane could cause real problems.

I'd like to see Son playing in Allis position in 3-4-2-1 formation. His pace in the CAM position running off Kane could cause real problems.

Oh would you ... that's what you'd like to see huh?

You know what I'd like to see? Well do ya?

Id like to build the world a home & furnish it with love. I doubt it'd happen but I'd like it to.

I am really disappointed in the draw, if we could of got out of the group you get the opportunity to play a big team like Madrid and now we have no chance!!

Disappointed that we get a massive game against Real Madrid (twice!), and get to play them at Wembley of all places...?

Please go away you nitwit.

Back
Top Bottom