Tottenham vs United – Wednesday 31st Jan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not convinced....

1. They are a better 'quality' bus than the likes of WBA, so i find it hard to rely on them "caving in".

2. Their pace, as an asset, is at its most potent when on the break... Do we really want to leave ourselves vulnerable to the counter?

No so press the fuckers back so they can only concentrate on defence

Totally dominate them

Can’t wait

Please God let us win. My boss is a massive Manure fan and daily raves about them. I mentioned before that his favorite topic is that 'Pogba is the best midfielder in the world'. If we lose I will hate coming to work tomorrow and that is quite something as I normally spend my work days quietly perusing the melt-offs that regularly occur on here!

I don't think delivering balls form so deep always helps, and because of his inability to get to the byline without relying on another player to pass the ball off. It changes how the players attacking the ball arrive in the box.
Almost everything is wrong I feel, early ball (delivered deep) is very low percentage but can be highly effective if we are on the counter (which isn't very often with us), if he's further up-field then defence are set organised, wish he cut back more often, this is far more effective and where Walker shone but as we know this only happens if he's played into these positions, as he possesses no ability to go 1v1to do it himself, it requires an obliging high defensive oppo back-line (thanks Marcello) for him to take advantage.

We absolutely have to win this game which is why I think we won't lol. If we lose this, I think top 4 will be done, regardless of what can be said about bla bla 14 games left to be played, let's just be honest we'll have to win most of the remaining games and looking back at how we fared this season, I don't think we can.

I agree...trips brings the ability to halt an attack dead on it's arse by stopping, foot on ball, pass inside or backwards and raise his hand or gesture. Completely useless...
:pochunimpressed:
I would like to see Trips against the teams that park the bus and Aurier the teams we might have to play counter attacking football against. Both have shown the ability to fuck up and Trips was great against Madrid but Aurier is no doubt the better player. And defo against Martial/Rashford tonight!

We absolutely have to win this game which is why I think we won't lol. If we lose this, I think top 4 will be done, regardless of what can be said about bla bla 14 games left to be played, let's just be honest we'll have to win most of the remaining games and looking back at how we fared this season, I don't think we can.

Your opinion suggests that you cant see any of the other teams competing for a top four place dropping any more points this season? In a week where we've seen Woolwich lose at Swansea and Liverpool lose at home to West Brom.

Personally i see 4 teams competing for 2 spots. Liverpool, Chelsea, Woolwich and us.

Even if we lose all of our "6 pointers" against these teams, form will tell you that they all have the potential of dropping points home and away. In fact i would go as far as saying Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenals form is even MORE unpredictable than ours. Who knows what team will show up?

All I've heard for the last couple of months is "that's it, we've fucked it now" only for the teams around us to also fuck it up.

It's not sewn up by any measure.

To add to that:

Week 36: Utd Vs Woolwich
Week 37: Chelsea Vs Liverpool
Week 38: Tottenham Vs Leicester.

Cant see things being decided before the run in and someone / everyone around us will be dropping points.

Lets just pray it doesn't come down to needing a win at home against Leicester on the last day

Your opinion suggests that you cant see any of the other teams competing for a top four place dropping any more points this season? In a week where we've seen Woolwich lose at Swansea and Liverpool lose at home to West Brom.
No, it doesn't suggest that. It's pretty obvious that they will drop points when they will face each other, but this season we've not looked very sharp against defensive sides like last season for example and I'm not as confident as I was last season when facing these frustrating defences.

No, it doesn't suggest that. It's pretty obvious that they will drop points when they will face each other, but this season we've not looked very sharp against defensive sides like last season for example and I'm not as confident as I was last season when facing these frustrating defences.

And Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea have also proved that they are more than capable of dropping points against teams they should be beating.

It;s just no where near as clear cut as you would suggest with statements like "if we lose this game, top 4 will be done"

But you're entitled to your opinion, i will remain optimistic as ever. :adethumbup:

And Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea have also proved that they are more than capable of dropping points against teams they should be beating.

It;s just no where near as clear cut as you would suggest with statements like "if we lose this game, top 4 will be done"

But you're entitled to your opinion, i will remain optimistic as ever. :adethumbup:
Of course, but it will be better for all of us if we'll win tonight, eh? Less maths to do for the upcoming fixtures. :pochsmirk:

Very excited to see Rose and Lamela back in the team.

2 fearless, big game players that always play well in this kind of games.

A....

A.....

A.......

Agree???!?!?!???!?!??!?!?!

havvShb.gif

Back
Top Bottom