Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane, Davies, NDombele +

Dele and Lamela are just too slow. The lesbian can't half be nasty.
Son can't beat his man. Usually bosses his cross up. Can usually score.
Sissoko can't pass. Can hustle
Aurier can't throw a ball or tackle. Can sometimes cross.
Vertonghen has lost a foot of pace. Love him though.
Sanchez can't handle decent forwards. Strong shielding the ball.
Gascoigne-Negro concedes three goals today if the opponent is better. Fittest bloke on earth?

Lo Celso, Dier, Foyth +++

You twat

I don’t get the hate for Winks. I am an a Poch fan but Winks has been misused. He is clearly a number 8, a number 8 who like Kane looks good when used right (example England team).

He gets played in the 6 role and his skill set is to recycle possession which he does brilliantly well yet is expected to be some kind of Roy Keane destroyer and also a creator at the same time.

we have 3 number 8’s in Sissoko, Winks and Ndombele. Play them number 8 and they play well, issue is Poch has screwed the tactics for sometime and we don’t have a performing DM at the moment to create midfield balance.

Wanyama legs have gone and Dier is average, sort out DM and we sort out midfield.

Really glad I didn’t sell my ticket tonight. If we play like that every game this season then I want Poch to be in charge for the next 20 years. I’ve had my doubts in the last few months but games like that make me feel again. I know the oppo were shite, but we had desire, we had movement, we had speed, and most of all we had atmosphere, proud to be there tonight

Very good performance all round.

Ndombele's passing is a joy to watch. So perfectly weighted almost every time and often it's first time passes which don't allow the defence to settle. Kane and Son must love when he's playing.

Interesting what Harry said in the interview.

We worked on moving the ball quickly and getting it forward quickly. Really showed - with Ndombele, we were getting the ball to the front three in a matter of seconds.

There really felt like a structure and balance tonight - we were organised and then broke together.

At no point was it possession for the sake of possession.
Not playing Winks I think played a big part (if that makes sense) - all he does is run around in a circle, then pass it sideways. Ndombele is a million miles better.

...By the same token, I also think they should allocate a designated 'tourist' area, where you can take your selfies, without blocking the view of those who want to watch the game! (Be it sitting OR standing!!)
On Saturday I saw two Korean fans using those flippin' selfie sticks. They need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Back
Top Bottom