Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Red Star didn't look that impressive this evening, but 8 of those were in the team that best Liverpool 2-0 last year in Belgrade.

Think changing to 4231 made a big difference - players know and like it rather than the diamond which they seem to hate.

Difficult to criticise any of the players - nobody played badly although I'd guess Kane, Ndombele Son and Lamela were the stars with Dele and Dier both starting to look as if they are getting back into the swing of things nicely.

Glad to see Sanchez pairing Vertonghen at CB, think that's the way to go - without Alderweireld. Davies looked good at LB, Aurier' best match at Spurs perhaps but can he do it under pressure at Liverpool ? Ndombele as creative CM was excellent with Sissoko as DM looked good - don't think Sissoko is disciplined enough to carry that through at Liverpool, possibly change Sissoko for Dier or alternatively play a CM3.

The front 4 looked good with Kane playing his 9/10 role backed up by Son always capable of scoring goals, with Lamela working hard and being creative with Dele with probably his best performance since being injured in February.

Just hope Poch doesn't change the team round too much v Liverpool, and in particular avoids rotating back in Alderweireld and Eriksen whose efforts this season haven't matched other Spurs players.

Fuck off Worse than Colchester? Idiot. That team didn’t play Colchester.
However one likes to cut it, this was red star Belgrade in the champions League. They came to us hoping to take advantage of an out of form team under pressure. We fucken battered them. This was an important result and performance. Red Star were bad because we made them look that way.

One of my major highlights from last night was the love shown to Sonny on his half lap of honour. Great to see the outpouring of love for the bloke. And if anyone in the team derservs it it's him.

Also I was particularly pleased with the turnout in the circumstances. I really expected to have a bit of an embarrassingly empty stadium. But it looked reasonably full. Well done fellow Yids.

I don't care that Red Star sucked. We were aggressive, making runs, threading passes. Loved Kane-Son-Lamela-Dele, LOVED LOVED Ndombele in the middle, Glad for the pace Sanchez can provide on defense--have to build his confidence back up, and this is a start.

COYS! Let's bring this energy into Anfield this weekend!

Interesting what Harry said in the interview.

We worked on moving the ball quickly and getting it forward quickly. Really showed - with Ndombele, we were getting the ball to the front three in a matter of seconds.

There really felt like a structure and balance tonight - we were organised and then broke together.

At no point was it possession for the sake of possession.

Great evening at the Lane. Positive atmosphere all round the stadium. Poch heavily backed in the stands and on the pitch. Excellent, positive football. Hopefully the players have loosened up a bit and got some confidence. Plenty of life in the current set-up.

#BackPoch

Back
Top Bottom