Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh do fuck off. The only reason he got the ball first is because he slided with his studs way up high. It doesn't fucking matter if you get the ball if you endanger your opponent, but, you're a Liverpool fan, and it's been clear for a very long time that rules don't apply the same to Liverpool.
This tackle has even lead to football boots being redesigned. On MOTD, they were very clear that it was the side of Robertson’s boot that hit our guy. So we now all know that the sole of the boot is now the side.

Gentleman i know, actually a professor and Man City supporter had his jaw broken outside Anfield as a 16 year old by home fans/cowards. The police just stood by and watched. All about Liverpool, no one else matters. Just like the Robertson tackle never happened, Mane and Salah never dive etc.

They didn’t murder Italian fans at Heysel
Never their fault
Scum

First time i've come away from a game losing my voice. I was so frustrated at times, I was either shouting:

Referee, do your job
Eriksen, earn your money
or
Dele... run

I'm really not one to get on a players back but I almost felt more frustration due to the effort Moura was putting in and the blatant disrespect shown by these two.

Eriksen, I've never see a player bottle out of so many challenges, it's something you expect to see kids doing on the local field when confronted by a kid two years their senior, he literally looked scared at times. All the oppo had to do was look intent on getting the ball and it was theirs.

Dele just jogged about, there were times when the ball bounced or came in for a header and the lazy side took over, rather than going for the ball there was a lame hope he might get a rebound, again something you see kids doing at the weekend when their parents are forcing them on the pitch when they would rather be at home. Getting the ball looked to be the last thing on his mind

At what point does the manager see this and say "that's you done", I can't believe they would be anything but supported in their decision to drop players with such a poor attitude.

Lamella and Le Celso didn't come on and do any black magic and trickery, they just played with desire and intent. That's the only difference.

If you don't want to be here. Go. I don't really care. Liverpool could have been beaten if the players put in a shift. That's all we really ask in life, just try.

Truth be told I just find it quite sad. I love Spurs but it's a struggle at the moment.

First time i've come away from a game losing my voice. I was so frustrated at times, I was either shouting:

Referee, do your job
Eriksen, earn your money
or
Dele... run

I'm really not one to get on a players back but I almost felt more frustration due to the effort Moura was putting in and the blatant disrespect shown by these two.

Eriksen, I've never see a player bottle out of so many challenges, it's something you expect to see kids doing on the local field when confronted by a kid two years their senior, he literally looked scared at times. All the oppo had to do was look intent on getting the ball and it was theirs.

Dele just jogged about, there were times when the ball bounced or came in for a header and the lazy side took over, rather than going for the ball there was a lame hope he might get a rebound, again something you see kids doing at the weekend when their parents are forcing them on the pitch when they would rather be at home. Getting the ball looked to be the last thing on his mind

At what point does the manager see this and say "that's you done", I can't believe they would be anything but supported in their decision to drop players with such a poor attitude.

Lamella and Le Celso didn't come on and do any black magic and trickery, they just played with desire and intent. That's the only difference.

If you don't want to be here. Go. I don't really care. Liverpool could have been beaten if the players put in a shift. That's all we really ask in life, just try.

Truth be told I just find it quite sad. I love Spurs but it's a struggle at the moment.
Very well worded.
And there is nothing worse than watching a player not put a shift in.

Referee, do your job
Eriksen, earn your money
or
Dele... run

Great post

If Jose gets backed the good times will return

I trust you are aware of who our owner's are that is a very brave statement.

I’m well aware and for me and quite a few others this is the last roll of the dice for ENIC and Levy
We have our stadium, training facilities and a top manager in place
No more excuses

I’m well aware and for me and quite a few others this is the last roll of the dice for ENIC and Levy
We have our stadium, training facilities and a top manager in place
No more excuses
Your are probably right on that score but how many times has this been said and yet here we are still scrapping around achieving not a lot.

I took two friends. The loved the stadium, couldn't believe what a great atmosphere it promoted and how near to the pitch it was but they looked almost embarrassed for me, for the teams performance. They had a great day but felt sorry for me. It was pity, let that sink in, 'pity'.

Your are probably right on that score but how many times has this been said and yet here we are still scrapping around achieving not a lot.

I don’t know
Tell me how many

I’m happy to give it until the end of the year to judge
You and a few others seem to want overnight success
Doesn’t work like that and for anyone to get on the manager’s back after such a short time is ridiculous

I don’t know
Tell me how many

I’m happy to give it until the end of the year to judge
You and a few others seem to want overnight success
Doesn’t work like that and for anyone to get on the manager’s back after such a short time is ridiculous
Think you might need to check your facts mate not once have I got on Jose's back I supported the decision to bring him here, the problems overall at the club are higher up than that which is why the process is always repeated.

Has this been posted yet - absolutely scathing - yanited fan by any chance?

"Admittedly Mourinho has had some past success in nullifying the threat of Salah. Alas, leaving him on the bench at Stamford Bridge for a year and then sending him on loan to Fiorentina is no longer a viable option. "

giphy.gif

Has this been posted yet - absolutely scathing - yanited fan by any chance?

giphy.gif

Quoting myself is a bit meta but fuck it.

Spend 6 years building a squad packed full of homegrown players, "doing it the right way" playing some of the most exciting football in Europe, getting to numerous finals but never getting it over the line = Spursy, Bottlers, "do you get a trophy for that".

Hire a proven winner who is renowned for placing winning over sentimentality and any obligation to produce entertaining football = ruining the legacy, lacking ambition.

Quoting myself is a bit meta but fuck it.

Spend 6 years building a squad packed full of homegrown players, "doing it the right way" playing some of the most exciting football in Europe, getting to numerous finals but never getting it over the line = Spursy, Bottlers, "do you get a trophy for that".

Hire a proven winner who is renowned for placing winning over sentimentality and any obligation to produce entertaining football = ruining the legacy, lacking ambition.

Fuck yes!!! :adesalute:

I actually thought Jose got it right on Saturday.

Took a huge risk in starting Tanganga for his pace which paid off.
Limited Liverpools xG to 1.78 down from a league average of 2.13 (our average xG against is 1.27 anyway!)
Bypassed a midfield that is by far our weakest area - whether down to injury, apathy or lack of playing time. Then went for it last twenty after they'd run themselves into the ground.

Bit harsh getting called out for not going toe to toe with Liverpool when he actually has had decent results against them playing this way in the past?

We where all shitting it about getting pumped pre match. Fact that the talk post match is about how we should have gone for it from the start is a good thing for me!

Last edited:
I took two friends. The loved the stadium, couldn't believe what a great atmosphere it promoted and how near to the pitch it was but they looked almost embarrassed for me, for the teams performance. They had a great day but felt sorry for me. It was pity, let that sink in, 'pity'.

We were playing the European champions, recently crowned World champions who haven't lost a game all season and are pissing the hardest league in the world (with some VAR assistance granted)

I don't think there was anything wrong with our performance, so what we had 20% possession, how many times have Spurs lost games by the odd goal where we have had 70%+ possession. When other teams do it against us they were never criticized for how they played. When we park the bus and restrict Liverpool to very few clear cut chances we get panned for it by all and sundry.
What do they want us to do open up and play tit for tat, gung ho shit against that attack? we would have shipped 4+

If anything we could have nicked a point.

Back
Top Bottom