Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just hate watching us play like this. It just excruciating. 11 behind the ball, no effort to be proactive and take the game to them, just nicking the ball, giving it to Son or Lucas and hoping something happens. I know Mourinho has got results in the past playing like this, but I genuinely think this style of play is dead and buried now. It's just been completely and utterly found out by a new wave of coaches.
We're beginning to look like Burnley.

Overall I thought Mourinho did well today. We kept Liverpool from too many chances and had a good 5-8 opportunities to score ourselves. With our injuries and still very little time to coach and analyse, you can’t ask for more. I also really like that he came on the pitch, directed our players to the crowd and was clearly giving some congratulations for the performance in amongst the commiserations.

P.S. I never want to see Aurier and Eriksen I’m our colours again. The latter situation is a huge failing of the club. We must have lost £50m+ keeping him here. He looks utter turd.

This has been your funniest post so far for sure!

Although you mention my 1930's reference, you apparently were educated in the 18th century or something when a vowel sound was used for the word 'horrific'.. or you just pronounce it 'orrific' but either way, you amuse me.

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh."

:ap:

Anyway....
Fancy us to take a point from this game.
Our chance will come, we will just need to take it.
Actually I'm posher than both of you so I'll referee the c**t off.....

I think you may have it the wrong way round. It would be silly to give debuts to youngsters in must win games. A free hit type game is exactly the kind of game where a young player should be given chances. He's come out with flying colours. So now hes going to get more chances to play , I think(and hope). If he now doesnt play Tanganga more regularly, then theres a legit complaint. But so far so good, Id say. I'll be over the moon with Sanchez and Tanganga as the two CBs in our back 4.
And you've made my point. I wasn't arguing whether or not something was wise. What I was arguing was whether or not it involved 'trust'. So playing a kid in a league cup game is expected, wise, and because it's low stakes. There's little 'trust' required because there's little at risk. Just like in a 'free hit' game. You're not expecting much out of it so why not see what the kid is made of....and in this case apparently sterner stuff.

Playing a kid in a game you expect to win and have other alternatives involves trust. And were Mou to start him in our next game (watford?) then that would suggest trust was earned from today's performance.

Doesn't matter in the grander scheme of things because Airfixx Airfixx was illustrating a different point with that example.

Last edited:
Confused with the stick Aurier is getting.

He can be an absolute loony sometimes, but he did well today.
Some people will never be pleased. Been screaming for a RB since Kyle Walker left, but blaming Aurier for today is criminal. Easily one of our best players.

Back
Top Bottom