Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering Spurs lost so many important players it was a great performance and credit to José for getting that out of the team. Sky's commentary couldn't see two teams and Gary Neville nearly had egg on face if Son or Le Celso had finished easy chances.

Referee helped them with big call when Moura had the run on Van Dyke and was clearly fouled. and again he looked to have fouled Alli for a penalty which wasn't looked at. Their goal was from a throw-in given wrongly and Atkinson added the minimum amount of time despite lots of stoppages and Liverpool time-wasting.

But good game played by Spurs apart from Eriksson in particular who should never play for Tottenham again.

Going to read some of the comments here now but I must say, I'm very proud of the boys today. No we didn't win, no we didn't get any points, but a vast majority of them showed a ton of heart. We went toe to toe with the best team in the world today while being down our most important forward and most important midfielder. I was worried we'd get pumped today but that didn't happen and I'm proud to support Spurs.

Masterful setup by Jose too, it must be said.

this was one of his better performances true but too often he makes a stupid pass and then compounds it by just standing there and not tracking back or making an effort to get possession back
classic example was later on as we were chasing the game
Yeh - he was done by then...full ‘hands on hips’ mode. Pretty good for most of the game, though - the three CBs and the fact that Liverpool were constantly attacking meant he could focus on only defending. Not sure he’s bright enough to switch between attacking FB or defensive FB in the same game.
He’s got a lot better with a run, and with a more defensive coach.

Even though we lost there are positives to take from today, the fact the majority wrote us off before kick off yet we were unlucky not to win says it all, give Jose a full pre season and a transfer budget and we win trophies

I nearly hit the fucking roof at that comment-the liverpool wanking is nauseating ffs. They just gave us 3/4 golden chances cos they were bored.
Fucking manc CUNT
It was Jose’s plan. Doesn’t matter why they give the ball away: I saw it as a compliment. Our concentration was better - everyone knows that if you’re winning, you can just hold onto the ball and you win - they couldn’t do it. Losers!

I nearly hit the fucking roof at that comment-the liverpool wanking is nauseating ffs. They just gave us 3/4 golden chances cos they were bored.
Fucking manc CUNT

I think Neville is desperately trying to not appear biased.

Like a cuckold watching his wife get absolutely pounded by some neanderthal, he's praising the size of his cock rather than wailing in despair.

But yes. Cunt.

Take away the fact that Liverpools goal shouldn't have counted and Robertson should have been sent off. We could probably be pleased overall considering how many people thought we'd get battered.

Pleased tonight.

when I said earlier that Jose has to get ruthless I’m referring to Rose CE Dele Winks
if fit GLC and Coco got to start along with Sess and hopefully Tanguay can get back soon
You put in Aurier instead of Winks in your list earlier , lol. Was surprised cos the guy worked so hard until he was gassed on the 85th minute or so and even put in the cross for GLC to score into a near empty net.

Fair enough, but I think his hamstring injuries have taken their toll.

He's too slow. All our play grinds to a halt with him.
Could absolutely be that too. I'm glad that I don't have to make these decisions. Selling him and take maximum value that you could possibly grab right now, or take the gamble that he can work his way back.

Fucking manc CUNT

just on now saying how good Liverpool areto watch
fuck off
they’re good when they get the vast majority of decisions going their way which they did today not for the first time this season

It looked like his confidence dipped initially when Jose came in and dropped him, then seemed to be trying to hard for a few games after. Hopefully he can build on this today. Thought he really worked hard second half to make himself available and pass the ball forward into great areas. Offers a lot of composure when being pressed when he's confident 😁

Back
Top Bottom