Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone fancy repeating Redknapp’s ‘two holding MFs and one pacy winger’ that beat Milan in 2012? DMs just break up play and feed AM who also sits and (Eriksen? Lamela? Alli?) who just passes wide to L/ R to run in for cross to CF for easy tap-in?

Don’t know why I don’t do this management malarkey - and I can’t even use statistics like so many of the posters here!

:harrylol:

..................................Gazza.............................

Dier....Foyth...Toby...Sanchez...Verts...Rose
.......Aurier..............Foyth..........Davies.............

.....................................Son........................................

Think we can do them on the break👍🏻

Got to keep a clean sheet sometime. I’d play

Gazza, Vorm, Austin, Whiteman

jan,Toby, Sanchez, Dier, ball boy 1,

Ball boy 2

Son

I think with 4 keepers we might keep it close at 0-2 and maybe bring on Skipp and Lamela with a couple of minutes of stoppage time left as that will be nice tribute to Poch.

It might be nice as well if we give the World and European champions a guard of honour and flog ourselves as they walk on by.

I imagine that every single bit of the pitch and stands will have VAR focused on any bastard who dares run within 5 foot of a Liverpoo player in the box and if we survive more than 90 seconds we will be hugely improved from when we played them in June.

Ahhh how wonderful Madrid was, I’m forever thankful that Liverpool let us on their pitch. And Klopp can goose step over my granny anytime he and his bright teeth like, the cheeky devil.

COYS.

you know what I would love more than anything? It is that our players stop being so passive and they kick the living shit out of those flash, self righteous wankers. I’d be delighted with Chelsea levels of hate and chopping. I want to see Lamela stamp on Mane’s hand and I want to see Dier chop Milner in half.

Jesus Christ, what the fuck happened to our players that they have become pussies who get bullied, that battle of the bridge was where even failure had an echo of glory, now week after week we sleep walk into the abyss, trying to be as shit as Woolwich. It’s like it’s easier to fail with our current side.

Last edited:
Fucking hell. The negativity in the thread is unbelievable. Yes it's Liverpool. So what? Yes I know we've finished second best on a handful of occasions but come on, even the best teams have off days. People on here are too quick to forget our fucking calibre.

We are the team who ALMOST beat Colchester in the League Cup in September. We narrowly lost 3-0 to a formidable Brighton outfit back in October. Not to mention our nail-biting clash yesterday with the mighty Middlesborough, who might I add are an entire TEN POINTS off the Championship relegation zone.

Don't even get me started on our phenomenal preseason. You don't win the Audi Cup without grit, determination and class. Class that is undoubtedly going to see us through against the rat-eating mutants on Saturday.

Liverpool are dog shit. Push up on their fullbacks and the game is ours. After all, as I’ve read on here, modern football is all about having great fullbacks. Fuck those 30 goal a season strikers and those silly midfielders fucking about doing fuck all. If we win the fullback battle we will prevail.

Maybe we should play with six fullbacks? Make modern football even moderner?

Liverpool are dog shit. Push up on their fullbacks and the game is ours. After all, as I’ve read on here, modern football is all about having great fullbacks. Fuck those 30 goal a season strikers and those silly midfielders fucking about doing fuck all. If we win the fullback battle we will prevail.

Maybe we should play with six fullbacks?
Gazza II
Aurier / Toby / Sanchez / Vert
Winks / Dier / GLC
Sissoko / Son / Lamela​

Cupboards are pretty bare.

I'm assuming Ndombele is still out.

Sissoko & Lamlea to give their FBs a tough time. Meanwhile they'll play with 3 across the middle so we can't afford to get out-manned in there. I guess you could swap Winks or Dier out for Dele, but I don't see that helping much. Lucas, Sess, Foyth, KWP & Parrot pretty much make up the bench.

.....What you got then Joe?

0-3 to the dippers.
1st goal Salah trips over his own feet in his own half, goes to VAR, penalty to the dippers.
2nd goal: Salah offside by 10 yards, scores, goes to VAR again, goal is awarded.
3rd goal : ball goes out of play, Klopp takes the throw in, they score, Spurs protest, goes to VAR again,
and the goal stands.

Nonsense.

0-4 to dippers.

97th minute: Salah receives aggressive high-five from bench while being subbed. Ref goes to sideline console to review. Comes back as a VAR-Human hybrid, like the baddie in Superman 3; immediately awards, takes and scores penalty for Liverpool. Celebrates in front of our fans, singing 'you'll never walk again' while he knee slides into Son and gives him another red.

Nonsense.

0-4 to dippers.

97th minute: Salah receives aggressive high-five from bench while being subbed. Ref goes to sideline console to review. Comes back as a VAR-Human hybrid, like the baddie in Superman 3; immediately awards, takes and scores penalty for Liverpool. Celebrates in front of our fans, singing 'you'll never walk again' while he knee slides into Son and gives him another red.
You missed out the part where the referee wanks off Jurgen Klopp in the dugout whilst gently fingering his arsehole.

Last edited:
Bwoah, we are going to hammer them aren't we? Get a revenge for the CL Final, stop their unbeaten streak, which will lead to their downfall, and we'll be seen as heroes by all of Britain, with Lamela and José getting knighted at the end of the season for this one match. The stars have aligned...

0-3 Liverpool :harrylol:

In 7 months we have gone from the excitement of being in a Champions league final to being realistically worried that Liverpool are going to come to WHL, rest their first team, and still stuff us 4-0.

Back
Top Bottom