Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wembley is going to smell a bit Northern after the Challenge Cup yesterday. Hope it's had a good clean overnight. I have a sensitive immune system.

What I'd start;

Lloris
Sanchez - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker-Peters - Dier - Dembele - Davies
Alli - Eriksen
Kane
What I think Poch will go with:

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama - Dembele
Eriksen - Alli - Son
Kane​

Sanchez starting would certainly be a message from Poch. Not sure what that message is, though.

I think it's more likely he starts on the bench, we start in a 4-2-3-1 and then he comes in if we switch to a back 3.

What position is Oakley Boothe? Where is Wanyama? Who is missing so that we have to put Oakley Boothe on the bench (not a knock to the kid, just surprised he is in there)?

Well, Wanyama clearly isn't fit to play (wish we'd not played him last week, considering he didn't look match fit then either) and it would be too early to start Sanchez, so I guess we don't really have much of an option other than playing a back four.
:pochsulk:

What position is Oakley Boothe? Where is Wanyama? Who is missing so that we have to put Oakley Boothe on the bench (not a knock to the kid, just surprised he is in there)?

Waynama looked unfit against Chelsea maybe he needs some work.

Oakley-Boothe is a CM (number 6 type) with good strength and speed, more like Onomah and Dembele in style than Winks.

Waynama looked unfit against Chelsea maybe he needs some work.

Oakley-Boothe is a CM (number 6 type) with good strength and speed, more like Onomah and Dembele in style than Winks.
Cheers. Agreed that Wanyama looked off his game against Chelsea, but I was expecting him to be on the bench at least. Even put out a tweet today saying 'It's gameday' or something to that extent.

It'll be Eriksen dropping deeper to accompany Dembele, then Dele and Son off Kane.

Unless Dier is playing CDM and we're 4-2-3-1.

Back
Top Bottom